Agile Product Owner at FIS (Birmingham, AL)
Are you curious, motivated, and forward-thinking? At FIS you'll have the opportunity to work on some of the most challenging and relevant issues in financial services and technology. Our talented people empower us, and we believe in being part of a team that is open, collaborative, entrepreneurial, passionate and above all fun.
About the team
FIS empowers small to large retirement plan providers around the globe with a comprehensive, integrated suite of retirement solutions. Our industry-leading offering includes an extensive selection of technology and services. From record keeping technology and plan administration and compliance solutions, to financial wellness that supports all aspects of retirement services business and positions our clients for future growth. We are looking for a talented associate, who is comfortable working multiple appropriately prioritized projects at a time.One who desires to be a part of this global dynamic retirement technology team where they will grow personally, technically and professionally.
What you will be doing
The Product Owner guides development teams utilizing Agile software development principles to create and deliver software applications that meet business, client, and company goals.
- Understands product strategy, market, industry, and client goals.
- Works with stakeholders to understand business problem statements and convert them into user stories.
- Assessing customer and business requirements - consolidating views from market experts, sales, and top-tier financial institutions.
- Articulates product vision and user stories in a manner clearly understandable to development teams.
- Manages backlog of user stories for one or more products.
- Establishes user story acceptance criteria, accepts user stories, refines stories with Scrum teams.
- Reviews and provides feedback on test plans to ensure application changes meet acceptance criteria.
- Creates Sprint Release Plans with input from development teams.
- Monitors the development progress and provides updates to stakeholders, as requested.
- Applies Agile methods and processes to promote a disciplined project management process that encourages frequent inspection and adaptation of ongoing work product.
- Leads planning and review meetings to communicate feedback on development achievements.
- Other related duties assigned as needed.
What you bring:
- Bachelor's degree and 3 years Fintech operational product experience/knowledge.
- Knowledge of financial services industry.
- Knowledge of FIS Retirement products and services or similar Fintech solutions.
- Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) experience and systems development environment experience are preferred.
- Experience working with third party partners.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in complex technical detail and also aggregate key points in a direct, impactful manner for non-technical and executive audiences.
- Strong negotiation, organization, management, analytical and people skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to technical and non-technical audiences of various levels in the organization (e.g., executive, management, individual contributors).
- Partner management, relationship management skills with external providers.
- Outstanding presentation skills, comfortable presenting to customers and internal teams and public (external) audiences via webinars and/or conference presentations.
- Positive outlook, strong work ethic, and responsive to internal and external clients and contacts
- Highly self-motivated with a strong will to win, ability to take ownership and desire to drive for optimal business results.
- A strong team player, comfortable collaborating with and coordinating the efforts of cross-functional colleagues amongst all levels of the organization.
- A self-starter with a can-do attitude who can operate with minimal direct/daily supervision.
- Ability to adapt to and embrace frequent change with a positive attitude along with the ability to pivot quickly while incurring minimal impact to overall timelines.
Added bonus if you have:
- Experience in Software as Service.
- The Certified Scrum Product Owner professional certification is preferred (ex. SAFe), but not required.
What we offer you
- Competitive salary and attractive benefits.
- A multifaceted job with a high degree of responsibility and a broad spectrum of opportunities.
- A variety of career development tools, resources and opportunities.
- The chance to work on some of the most challenging, relevant issues in financial services & technology.
- A work environment built on collaboration, flexibility and respect.
- Varied and challenging work to help you grow your technical skillset.
Notice to all US applicants: All employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Individuals with a disability (including a medical condition) or sincerely held religious beliefs or practices that prevent them from getting the vaccine may request an exemption from the vaccine requirement.
FIS is committed to protecting the privacy and security of all personal information that we process in order to provide services to our clients. For specific information on how FIS protects personal information online, please see the Online Privacy Notice.
FIS is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here supplement document available here
For positions located in the US, the following conditions apply. If you are made a conditional offer of employment, you will be required to undergo a drug test. ADA Disclaimer: In developing this job description care was taken to include all competencies needed to successfully perform in this position. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
Recruitment at FIS works primarily on a direct sourcing model; a relatively small portion of our hiring is through recruitment agencies. FIS does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies which are not on the preferred supplier list and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, our employees, or any other part of our company.