Agile Product Owner II at FIS (Orlando, FL)
Are you curious, motivated, and forward-thinking? At FIS, you'll have the opportunity to work on some of the most challenging and relevant issues in financial services and technology. Our talented people empower us, and we believe in being part of a team that is open, collaborative, entrepreneurial, passionate and above all fun.
ABOUT THE TEAM:
FIS is looking for an Agile Product Owner II to join our team! As an Agile Product Owner II, you will work with an exciting and collaborative team. We are passionate about our work and take a client-first approach to everything we do. There are great opportunities for learning within this group.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING?
In this role, your responsibilities will be to guide development teams utilizing Agile software development principles to create and deliver software applications that meet business, client, and company goals
- Understands product strategy, market, industry, and client goals.
- Works with stakeholders to understand business problem statements and convert them into user stories.
- Articulates product vision and user stories in a manner clearly understandable to development teams.
- Manages backlog of user stories for one or more products.
- Establishes user story acceptance criteria, accepts user stories, refines stories with Scrum teams.
- Reviews and provides feedback on test plans to ensure application changes meet acceptance criteria.
- Creates Sprint Release Plans with input from development teams.
- Monitors the development progress and provides updates to stakeholders, as requested.
- Applies Agile methods and processes to promote a disciplined project management process that encourages frequent inspection and adaptation of ongoing work product.
- Leads planning and review meetings to communicate feedback on development achievements.
- Other related duties assigned as needed.
WHAT YOU BRING:
- Bachelor's degree, or equivalent years of experience in product technology.
- 2+ years of Fintech operational product experience/knowledge.
- The Certified Scrum Product Owner (CSPO) professional certification is preferred, but not required.
- Knowledge of financial services industry
- Knowledge of FIS products and services or similar Fintech solutions
- Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) experience and systems development environment experience are preferred
- Strong negotiation, organization, management, analytical and people skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to technical and non-technical audiences of various levels in the organization (e.g., executive, management, individual contributors)
- Positive outlook, strong work ethic, and responsive to internal and external clients and contacts
WHAT WE OFFER YOU:
At FIS, we value new ideas, and we pride ourselves on providing a wide-range of opportunities for professional growth in a face-paced environment. FIS offers an open-minded collaborative culture with enthusiastic technologists. A true partner. We are dedicated to our team members and our customers equally. We strive to create an environment to help you succeed.
Additional Perks and Benefits such as:
- Company Paid Volunteer Day
- A generous paid time off program in which the benefits increase along with your tenure
- Health coverage offered for you and your family through Health/Vision/Dental/Insurance plans
- 401K with company contribution and Employee Stock Purchase Program with company match
- FIS Gives Back Program - charitable events and activities to help support our local community
All employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 on or before December 31, 2021. Individuals with a disability (including a medical condition) or sincerely held religious beliefs or practices that prevent them from getting the vaccine may request an exemption from the vaccine requirement.
FIS is committed to protecting the privacy and security of all personal information that we process in order to provide services to our clients. For specific information on how FIS protects personal information online, please see the Online Privacy Notice.
FIS is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here supplement document available here
For positions located in the US, the following conditions apply. If you are made a conditional offer of employment, you will be required to undergo a drug test. ADA Disclaimer: In developing this job description care was taken to include all competencies needed to successfully perform in this position. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
Recruitment at FIS works primarily on a direct sourcing model; a relatively small portion of our hiring is through recruitment agencies. FIS does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies which are not on the preferred supplier list and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, our employees, or any other part of our company.