Principal, UI/UX Digital Designer (Greater Denver Area)
Leader of UI/UX Digital Designer-Denver, CO
Would you like to play a critical role in advising a fintech company on complex issues relating to privacy and data protection law across the Americas? How about offering your skills to a truly global company and helping to ensure that the company and its employees, partners, and agents do the right thing with data and technology and create trust? Are you interested in joining a globally diverse organization where our unique contributions are recognized and celebrated, allowing each of us to thrive? Then it’s time to join Western Union as a Leader of UI/UX Digital Design!!
Western Union powers your pursuit
In this unique global role, you’ll be creating the vision for the next gen of Western Union money transfer experience and then follow through with the processes and tactics to implement the vision. In this role you’ll serve as the guiding force for design that will delight and inspire our customers, drive vision and execution across ongoing releases for WU product experiences.
- In this role, you’ll take the time to understand the business aspects of the products we build and collaborate with leaders of other UX, Engineering, and Product Management teams to create innovative experiences across all Western Union products, leveraging your passion for brand, craft, and design quality.
- In addition to doing the detailed work and coming up with new UX designs, you should be a player-coach who can take on some work-stream leadership. This is a hands-on UX leadership role where you will not only have ownership of features from vision to execution but will also guide a team of designers on how to craft best-in-class experiences.
- In a fast-paced, collaborative environment, you'll work on all aspects of UX design including information architecture, interaction, motion, visual, and prototyping. You'll drive design from early-stage conceptual design through launch.
- Work with executive leadership, product management teams and engineering team across WU portfolios and partner closely with other teams to define experience strategies and create user journeys, conceptual wireframes, high-fidelity mockups, functional prototypes on a project-basis
- Going deep on consumer insights, product analytics, and competitive intelligence to identify unseen opportunities, and drive product & experience innovation.
- Leading brainstorming sessions and design reviews and quick, iterative user research for ideation and concept refinement.
- Create and rapidly iterate ideas in order to develop them, via storyboards, user flows, mock-ups, motion designs, and prototypes, or other novel methods.
- Evangelizing initiatives to a diverse audience, across business and technical teams in both ad-hoc and formal presentations.
- Lead complex design products across multiple platforms in different product development life cycles.
- Responsible for creating, evaluating, and modifying prototypes to evangelize product vision to stakeholders and leadership.
- Lead a project team of other designers and internal and outsourced partners to drive innovation and integration of new technologies into projects and activities in the design organization.
- Self-driven, Able to function independently and act as a player-coach in a team environment Inspiring, leading, and developing a team of Designers.
- Contributing to the future direction of design at Western Union with the larger Western Union Global Design community.
- 5+ years of experience designing complex consumer facing digital products and experiences (preferably cross platform web, mobile, point of sale UX) in a global context.
- Proficiency in using contemporary design tools to solve complex problems and communicate in visually stunning detail.
- Inspiring and precise executive level communication, presentation and influencing skills.
- Experience designing, guiding, and implementing formal and informal usability studies.
- A strong portfolio of innovative design work that demonstrates industry-leading design and business success.
- Experience designing for global products across multiple platforms.
- Ability to zoom out and see the bigger picture, while zooming in to rationalize and perfect the nuanced details.
- Bachelor’s degree in design, HCI, or related field or equivalent professional experience.
- Nice to have: Experience in Fintech consumer products.
- You will need an online portfolio of your work to apply for this role.
We make financial services accessible to humans everywhere. Join us for what’s next.
Western Union is positioned to become the world’s most accessible financial services company —transforming lives and communities. We’re a diverse and passionate customer-centric team of over 8,000 employees serving 200 countries and territories, reaching customers and receivers around the globe. More than moving money, we design easy-to-use products and services for our digital and physical financial ecosystem that help our customers move forward.
Just as we help our global customers prosper, we support our employees in achieving their professional aspirations. You’ll have plenty of opportunities to learn new skills and build a career, as well as receive a great compensation package. If you’re ready to help drive the future of financial services, it’s time for Western Union. Learn more about our purpose and people at https://careers.westernunion.com/
The annual gross base salary range is $106,000.00- $162,00.00 per year. This role is also eligible to receive an annual bonus.
You will also have access to short-term incentives, multiple health insurance options, accident and life insurance, and access to best-in-class development platforms, to name a few
(https://careers.westernunion.com/global-benefits/). Please see the location-specific benefits below and note that your Recruiter may share additional role-specific benefits during your interview process or in an offer of employment.
Your United States – specific benefits include:
- Family First Program
- Time off
- Medical, Dental and Life Insurance
- Student Loan Repayment Program
- Tuition Assistance Program
- Parental Leave
We are passionate about diversity. Our commitment is to provide an inclusive culture that celebrates the unique backgrounds and perspectives of our global teams while reflecting the communities we serve. We do not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, religion, political affiliation, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, marital status, or veteran status. The company will provide accommodation to applicants, including those with disabilities, during the recruitment process, following applicable laws.