Type Of Hire :
Experienced (relevant combo of work and education)
Education Desired :
Bachelor of Computer Science
Travel Percentage :
1 - 5%
Are you curious, motivated, and forward-thinking? At FIS you'll have the opportunity to work on some of the most challenging and relevant issues in financial services and technology. Our talented people empower us, and we believe in being part of a team that is open, collaborative, entrepreneurial, passionate and above all fun.
What you will be doing:
z/OS Network Systems Programmer Senior is a senior level member of a z/OS mainframe networking team supporting multiple z/OS environments. This includes a mix of stand-alone, sysplex, and parallel sysplex LPARs. These systems use SNA and IP protocols in a large and diverse high availability environment. The position will include:
- Configuration and support of connectivity within the mainframe environment and external networks
- Gathering documentation for research and problem resolution of z/OS connectivity issues that may involve capturing and analyzing traces, dumps, and logs
- Customization, maintenance, and problem resolution for OEM or operating system network products and print solutions. Vendor list includes: IBM z/OS Communication Server VTAM, TCPIP and related components, IBM z/OS Netview, LRS print services, CA TPX Session Manager, and other vendor products
- Utilize and maintain tools such as Netview to monitor resources
- Defining AT-TLS policies within PAGENT to encrypt data.
- Work with Users, Clients, and Business Partners to provide connectivity or to resolve issues
- Customization, configuration, maintenance, and problem resolution for SNA and TCPIP configurations
- Coding and problem resolution for installation exits
- Interaction with many different groups, including application support, hardware support, operations support, and various levels of management
- Should be able to explain technical information to non-technical personnel
- Provide 24x7x365 on-call support on a rotating basis and perform other on-call duties as required.
- Able to work system maintenance/implementation windows which are generally 1 AM to 5 AM Central Time on Sunday mornings, but can be anytime during the weekend
- Work with various groups in evaluating and recommending hardware and software products
- Work location can be remote or physically in Little Rock, Arkansas, Milwaukee, Wisconsin, Voorhees, New Jersey, or Cincinnati, Ohio
- Office hours will be during normal US business hours (roughly around 8 AM to 5 PM Central time) and possibly travel to work with similar groups and provide service in other FIS data centers or clients of FIS
- Evaluate, estimate, and provide recommendations for new clients
- Maintain and provide documentation
- Prepare for disaster recovery and participate in recovery tests and actual disaster recovery, if declared
What you bring:
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or information technology or the equivalent combination of education, training, or work experience.
- Typically requires more than eight years programming experience in a technical environment
Added bonus if you have:
- Basic understanding (or better) of security products such as RACF, ACF2 or Top Secret
- Ability to capture and analyze traces using Wireshark
- A good understanding of certificates to assist in their creation and aid with their exchange
- Knowledge and utilization of encryption
- Ability to code in IBM Assembler language
- Knowledge of Project Management methods and techniques.
What we offer you:
- A multifaceted job with a high degree of responsibility and a broad spectrum of opportunities
- A competitive salary and benefits
- The chance to work on some of the most challenging, relevant issues in financial services & technology
- A work environment built on collaboration, flexibility and respect
- Varied and challenging work to help you grow your technical skillset
Notice to all US applicants: All employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Individuals with a disability (including a medical condition) or sincerely held religious beliefs or practices that prevent them from getting the vaccine may request an exemption from the vaccine requirement.
FIS is committed to protecting the privacy and security of all personal information that we process in order to provide services to our clients. For specific information on how FIS protects personal information online, please see the Online Privacy Notice .
FIS is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here supplement document available here
For positions located in the US, the following conditions apply. If you are made a conditional offer of employment, you will be required to undergo a drug test. ADA Disclaimer: In developing this job description care was taken to include all competencies needed to successfully perform in this position. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
Recruitment at FIS works primarily on a direct sourcing model; a relatively small portion of our hiring is through recruitment agencies. FIS does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies which are not on the preferred supplier list and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, our employees, or any other part of our company.