Zendesk Administrator at M1
Who we are
M1 Finance has created a personal wealth-building platform made for the modern era, uniting personal perspective and automated ease. We seamlessly combine free investing, low cost borrowing and digital checking all in one intuitive, automated Finance Super App, and we’re driven by a mission to empower personal financial well-being. We believe that financial well-being is fundamental to overall well-being, and we strive to deliver products that are simpler, smarter, and stronger than those created by our competitors.
Our clients have already trusted us with over $6 billion of assets, we’re currently helping hundreds of thousands of people grow and manage their wealth with our industry-leading automation and tools, and we’re adding thousands of new clients every day.
We’re looking for passionate people who want to improve and build on what we’ve created and take responsibility to help others build something meaningful and sustainable for their futures.
We mean it when we say, “M1 is yours to build.”
If this sounds interesting to you, read on!
Who you are:
M1 Finance is seeking a Zendesk and Tooling Lead who has a proven track record of building, optimizing, and maintaining internal tools and integrations that increase the efficiency and efficacy of M1’s Client Success operation.
The Administrator will be the functional owner of all technical responsibilities ranging from tool implementation and management to systems administration and optimization, to operational guidance and support. The role requires a proficient knowledge of various tools and systems management as well as the ability to provide strong technical and operational support for large and small business initiatives and projects. As part of our Client Success team, your strategic management will help us build a seamless, personalized client experience.
What you’ll do:
Develop solutions that make M1’s Zendesk and tooling systems run more efficiently. This will be accomplished by supporting day-to-day operations and establishing a strategic project roadmap to improve the Associate and client experience. Overall, we are looking for an individual that will go above and beyond.
Responsibilities may include, but not limited to:
- Own the team’s Zendesk instance; recommend and implement optimizations to triggers, workflows, API connections, routing, as well as new processes
- Manage the Zendesk day-to-day as well as escalations, questions, and issues
- Drive implementation of project initiatives such as routing ticket types to specific channels, configuring tools and associate processes for new channels (e.g. Live chat)
- Lead multiple highly complex and critical business processes/systems that require design, implementation, or integration of technical solutions for the CS team
- Deeply understand the Associate’s workflows and work cross-functionally to deliver automation scripts that optimize those workflows
- Explore efficiency gains with new tools from the Zendesk marketplace
- Implement system quality checks and automated testing of ticket routing
- Collaborate and partner with the CS team to determine the technical solutions to address business needs or process improvements
- Lead the evaluation, selection and implementation of new tools and techniques
- Administration and technical mastery of other tools such as our telephony system, ticket deflection tools, help center, and internal CS CRMs
- Develop reporting on various key metrics
- Impact operational KPIs such as Self-Service Rate and Average Handle Time by implementing automations within Zendesk and optimizations on other tools
- At least 4-6 years of experience as a support engineer, tools administrator, technical operations manager, or analyst
- Expert knowledge of Zendesk and experience in administering technology platforms, preferably within Customer Service
- Passionate about the client experience, excited by finding ways to optimize workflows for our associates and processes for our clients
- Analytical and problem-solving skills, identifying notable trends to improve and implement business processes
- Strong project management, communication, and organizational skills
- Ability to learn new technologies quickly and manage simultaneous projects in a fast-growing company
- Strong customer empathy: you understand the business needs of current and prospective clients
- Zendesk administrator certification preferred
- Experience with the following tools preferred: Ada, Forethought, Tableau
- Bachelors or Masters in a quantitative field such as mathematics, statistics, finance, engineering, or business administration preferred
- FINRA licensing preferred (SIE, Series 7, and Series 63 or 66)
- Fintech or financial services experience preferred
M1's Commitment to Diversity
M1 is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate different experiences and we're committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI) at all levels of the company. Women, minorities, veterans, members of the LGBTQIA+ community, and individuals with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply. With our three DEI task forces (internal education, recruiting, and community involvement) and five Employee Resource Groups (Mental Health, Pride, Black, Latinx, and Women at M1), M1 employees and leaders set aside company time to tackle DEI projects and achieve goals every quarter.
Our team embodies our eight core principles and if these principles speak to you – we’d love to talk with you.
- Mission Driven: We will passionately apply ourselves to deliver immense value to our customers, knowing if they succeed, so too will the company
- Extreme Ownership: We think and act like owners. Our focus is building long-term value, not scoring short-term marks. We own everything in our domain, including the outcome and everything that affects it
- Boldness: We want to do things of consequence. Make a difference. We would rather fail at something meaningful than succeed at something trivial
- Bias for action: The best way to make progress is to act
- Economical: Efficiency is important, and we consider both the costs and benefits of our actions
- Team-oriented: In working together, we maintain a low ego, make everyone feel welcome, assume good intent, trust one another, and seek out different perspectives. We empower our teammates to be at their best.
- Challenged, but not overwhelmed: We are curious people who always want to grow. Growth happens outside our comfort zone. We achieve our potential through consistent, manageable growth
- Integrity: We do the right thing. When we make mistakes, we own and correct them. We would be proud of our actions are shared with our family, friends, and strangers. Everyone can count on us to act according to our values, beliefs, and principles we state we hold. This trust must never be broken.
- Competitive Pay and Stock Options
- Comprehensive health, dental, vision, disability, and life insurance
- Retirement benefit with employer match
- Unlimited PTO
- $500 to spend on home office equipment while working from home
- Stylish M1 swag
- Socially distant team outings, celebrations, and events
- Transparent and open communication with leadership
- Office in the Loop with a Game Room and Gym