Youth CLA Advisor (Remote) at Bixal
Sorry, this job was removed at 11:12 p.m. (CST) on Tuesday, May 17, 2022
Who we are:
Bixal is a mission-driven, woman-owned small business determined to improve people's lives through human-centered strategies and transformative technologies, with a firm belief that everyone has the right to an effective government.
We deliver on this belief by partnering with leading Federal agencies to design, develop, and deliver powerful customer experiences through holistic digital product solutions and strategic communications initiatives––bringing a high standard and unique creative energy to our clients––and our wonderfully diverse culture is what makes it all possible.
Bixal unites different people with different perspectives from all over the world! We provide our team with an open and empowered environment where collaboration thrives and solutions flourish.
Eastern/Southern Caribbean (remote)
In 2020, USAID/ESC undertook a comprehensive cross-sectoral youth assessment, examining the youth landscape, challenges, needs and opportunities. This assessment highlighted that in order to improve youth resilience to economic and social shocks, it is necessary to build youth assets, agency, participation, and contribution through holistic Positive Youth Development. Positive Youth Development is an intentional, prosocial approach that engages youth within their communities, schools, organizations, peer groups, and families in a manner that is productive and constructive; recognizes, utilizes, and enhances young people’s strengths; and promotes positive outcomes for young people by providing opportunities, fostering positive relationships, and furnishing the support needed to build on their leadership strengths.
Given this highlight, USAID/ESC recognizes the importance of meaningfully engaging youth to build their capacities so that they can lead national and regional development. USAID/ESC will convene will support the creation of an independent Youth Council (YC) to ensure that young people are consulted on issues that affect them and provided with opportunities for their development. This Council will comprise membership from youth across the Caribbean region, who are non-US citizens, and include representation in terms of gender, ability, access and other considerations. Members of the YC are not expected to provide collective advice or recommendations but in some instances individual participants may be consulted to obtain factual information and insights about a particular topic. Bixal is seeking a Youth CLA Advisor to help facilitate support to this group, particularly aimed at answering USAID's learning questions.
- Facilitate the launch of the youth council and the virtual week long launch
- Advise on ways to implement the youth council-led work plan
- Ensure that USAID/ESC is answering learning questions and filling gaps in knowledge related to their CLA plan
- Advise on development of a Model USAID program geared toward youth education
- Master’s degree or higher, in public policy, international development, or another related field
- Minimum of 5 years of demonstrated experience working on USAID programming, specifically related to collaboration, learning, and adapting
- Familiarity with youth programming and best practices, including USAID's Positive Youth Development framework
- A skilled facilitator of dynamic group events, both virtual and potentially in-person
- High degree of fluency in written English required
No recruiters or agencies please. Bixal is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to building a safe, inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds.
More Information on Bixal
Bixal operates in the Analytics industry. The company is located in Fairfax, VA and Washington, DC. Bixal was founded in 2001. It has 162 total employees. To see all 31 open jobs at Bixal, click here.
Read Full Job Description