Yard Goat Operator at FabFitFun
We are seeking a Yard Goat (2 axle) drivers to perform various assignments in connection with the Company business.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES may include, but not limited to, the following;
Other duties may be assigned.
- Pre-checks vehicle to ensure that the equipment is considered operable and safe
- Will be responsible to drive and maneuver trailers/freight from dock to dock.
- Will perform a yard check daily.
- Determines condition of equipment by inspecting vehicle prior to each shift including checking fluid levels and tire pressure, etc…
- Maintains official driver's daily log book as required.
- Prepares daily vehicle condition report indicating any repairs required
- Safety is key, so driver must be safety minded, perform pre and post trips daily, check rear wheels and be aware of safety hazards.
- Will use other warehouse equipment, such as pallet jacks, manual jacks and forklifts.
- Must be able to endure a good amount of walking, bending and lifting.
- Report any needed repairs or safety concerns to supervisor or manager
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- All other duties as assigned.
To perform this position successfully, an individual must be able to meet each essential duty and responsibility to a satisfactorily level. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or experience required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position requires an individual to be able to change a tire and lift up to 70 lbs. consistently.
- Valid driver license with no more than 2 moving violations within the last 3 years, no driving-related alcohol or drug related convictions within the last 3 years, no careless/reckless driving conviction with the last 3 years.
- Ability to safely operate a motor vehicle
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: This position requires an individual with average mathematical skills. This includes the following skills; addition, subtraction, multiplication and division of whole numbers, common fractions and decimals.
Education, Experience and Skills Required:
Minimum 1 years of experience commercial driver function or equivalent combination of education and experience.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 30 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 80 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.