XBRL Client Lead - Remote at DFIN
Donnelley Financial Solutions (DFIN) is a leader in risk and compliance solutions, providing insightful technology, industry expertise and data insights to clients across the globe. We’re here to help you make smarter decisions with insightful technology, industry expertise and data insights at every stage of your business and investment lifecycles. As markets fluctuate, regulations evolve and technology advances, we’re there. And through it all, we deliver confidence with the right solutions in moments that matter.
Serve as a subject matter expert to the customer regarding XBRL reporting and the process for creating XBRL formatted financial statements. Review XBRL data tagging to ensure consistency and accuracy in the financial reporting for the customer.
- Manage client deliverables.
- Provide consultation with clients on XBRL process, technology and use of the systems that guide the XBRL process on the more complex financial reporting projects.
- Review XBRL document for accuracy, consistency and completeness of data tagging. Manage workflow, communications and timelines for assigned clients on multiple, concurrent projects.
- Create a customized taxonomy document using a client's recent filing with the SEC as well as the US GAAP Taxonomy.
- Consult with clients to determine and confirm which financial statements map directly to the US GAAP Taxonomy and which financial statements require customized extension elements to create the final XBRL document. Structure the XBRL taxonomy accordingly.
- Ensure on time delivery of final approved XBRL financial statements for customer.
- Participate in customer meetings to present and explain XBRL information.
- Apply knowledge of current SEC requirements for evolving XBRL compliance requirements and address client questions related to their specific compliance requirements.
- Performs other related duties and participates in special projects as assigned.
- Bachelor degree in discipline related to functional work or role with 3-7 years of relevant work experience OR demonstrated ability to meet the job requirements through a comparable number of years of applicable work experience.
- Able to apply broad work experience and knowledge when analyzing complex problems.
- Must be able consistently identify critical elements, variables and alternatives to develop solutions.
- Must be able to organize/prioritize existing resources and incorporate new information, as needed, to implement the most effective solutions. Able to communicate clearly and courteously with those who need to know of decisions/actions/problems. Able to apply excellent business acumen and collaborative skills when resolving problems.
- Able to apply advanced functional computer knowledge in utilizing Microsoft Windows or other technical tools in completing assignments.
- Able to apply expertise in all the tools or applications used to complete work assignments.
- Able to mentor junior level team members in the use of tools and/or systems in the position.
- Requires excellent communication skills with ability to state messages in a clear manner by using language that is easy for others to understand.
- Able to explain programs policies and procedures in language that is understood by others. .
- Must be able to modify communication style both formal and informal to match the appropriate level of the audience targeted.
- Requires strong understanding of the impact of a message on the organization or customer.
- Able to write with the clarity and precision necessary for the work being performed.
- Must have solid understanding of and be able to interpret Financial Statements and understand GAAP accounting standards. Solid understanding of SEC reporting requirements. CPA or CFA is preferred. Full understanding of XBRL taxonomy and XBRL rules.
- Must be fully proficient with Windows and the Office suite of products. Experience with text editors such as Notepad ++, MS C# to edit HTML and XML.
- Additional job requirements may be listed on the staffing requisition.
It is the policy of Donnelley Financial Solutions to select, place and manage all its employees without discrimination based on race, color, national origin, gender, age, religion, actual or perceived disability, veteran's status, actual or perceived sexual orientation, genetic information or any other protected status.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access jobs.dfinsolutions.com as a result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an email to [email protected] #BI-Remote