Chewy.com is seeking a Workday Reporting and Analytics Manager. In this role, you will build capabilities for reporting and analytics within the Workday application, support the security framework to ensure appropriate access to data, and help deliver operational efficiencies through data quality, self-service adoption, and continuous improvement for Workday reporting and analytics initiatives. You will partner across cross-functional business teams, ensuring Chewy is leveraging data assets to the fullest. You will be recognized and engaged as a subject matter expert in Continuous Improvement and Operational Excellence for Workday business reporting & analytics.
In this role, you will ensure data integrity and process quality; deliver on reporting needs; manage the testing of processes to support new releases and implementations; provide application administration and security assignments; establish and maintain data audits and analysis and ensure completeness, timeliness, and accuracy of Workday data. This role will contribute to the development, testing, and deployment activities as part of the HR Data Operations team.
Current permanent U.S. work authorization is required.
The ideal location is within a commutable distance to one of our 4 Corp offices: Boston MA, Plantation FL, Minneapolis MN, Bellevue WA. Remote flexibility will be considered.
What you'll do:
- Develop streamlined process for Workday report and data requests. Identify and implement improvements that optimize the intake, requirements gathering, data validation, data analysis, and output design processes. Recommend continuous improvement enhancements to the overall system to ensure highest level of service and support
- Lead requirements gathering for design, development, and delivery of high-quality reports and dashboards in Workday and execute standard and ad-hoc reporting projects efficiently.
- Evaluate all requests for change in reporting scope or requirements, development of user acceptance and deployment plans, coordination of training, and other necessary support
- Establish, Implement, and own Data Audits and metrics to measure performance including speed and accuracy and identify and prioritize data improvement work
- Apply appropriate data access through the assignment and removal of configured security roles in Workday
- Within the Workday application, assess data sources to optimize quality and accuracy of reporting output. Work cross-functionally as needed to enable data architecture and solutions that best meet the analytics and reporting needs of the business
- Prepare standard and ad-hoc reports that provide insights and trends to support data quality, operational activities, and continuous improvements initiatives. Build, develop, and maintain repeatable, accurate, and credible metrics, dashboards, and reports, which will often require leading cross-functional efforts to build alignment and standardize definitions for Key Performance Indicators (KPIs), target goals, and how KPIs will be calculated, tracked and visualized
- Develop self-sufficiency in end users through effective training, troubleshooting and user adoption education
- Communicate complex concepts to non-technical business stakeholders across the entire analytic cycle, from question identification through results interpretation, and including communication about data integrity.
- Develop data analytics & reporting program roadmap for the Workday application and lead, motivate and drive the data governance process and ensure standards and processes for master data are followed
- Engage with Enterprise People Analytics, IT partners, HR project teams, Privacy/Legal and other teams to provide consultation and collaboration regarding Workday’s data assets and participate in audit, enterprise data governance and data privacy activities.
- Develop long-term strategies for data management to establish, own, and keep data standards evergreen.
- Utilize Workday reporting capabilities to support and facilitate monthly, quarterly, and annual business review sessions
- Evaluate possible use cases is support of business case for Workday Prism.
- Support the reporting assignment and appropriate security assignments for cyclical business processes such as Open Enrollment, Performance Management cycles, Compensation Planning, and all other ongoing programs and perform ad hoc analysis and other duties as assigned.
- Ensure all reporting processes are followed as documented in Sarbanes-Oxley process narratives, process flows, and control matrices. Possess strong working knowledge of international data protection and privacy standards and regulations such as GDPR
- Act as the workstream testing lead for bi-annual releases, projects, and issue resolution, working with business users, IT, vendors, and other support teams to define scope, plan the testing strategy for any system changes and enhancements. Identify testing framework, test scenarios, develop test scripts, and provide key support in User Acceptance Testing (UAT)
- Develop and maintain awareness of both current and new functionality and engage regularly in Workday online Community, submit brainstorms, keeping HR leadership abreast of relevant information.
- Provide hands-on Tier 2/3 operational support for security, testing and reporting issues, including complex questions and change requests using case management application
- Participate in special projects with staff as directed and other duties assigned
- Support and ensure individual members of the team have training and professional development opportunities
What you'll need:
- 3-5 years of Workday experience or training. Must have experience with HCM system administration, security, and reporting. Experience across multiple Workday workstreams is a plus (HCM, Compensation, Talent, Benefits, etc.)Experience working with HR Case Management through ServiceNow desired.
- Advanced skills with Microsoft Office suite (Excel, Visio, MS Project (or equivalent) and PowerPoint)
- Strong statistical, analytical, and problem-solving skills required and HR functional experience preferred
- Strong verbal and written communication skills to interact with functional and IT clients
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment and handle daily planned and unplanned operational activities
- Demonstrated skill in attention to detail and accuracy with data
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple tasks and projects efficiently and effectively irrespective of complexity level
- Self-starter with proven ability to work within a team-oriented environment
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Human Resources, Information Systems, Data Science, Business Administration or related field or equivalent experience
- Position may require travel
If you have a disability under the Americans with Disabilities Act or similar law, and you need an accommodation during the application process or to perform these job requirements, or if you need a religious accommodation, please contact [email protected]
If you have a question regarding your application, please contact [email protected]
Chewy is committed to equal opportunity. We value and embrace diversity and inclusion of all Team Members.