CapTech is a team of master builders, creators, and problem solvers who help clients grow efficient, successful businesses. We unite diverse skills and perspectives to transform how data, systems, and ingenuity enable each client to advance what’s possible in a changing world.
As perceptive partners, our U.S-based consultants find inspiration in the unknown and enjoy getting our hands dirty solving our clients’ myriad of challenges. Across industries and business goals, we fuse technical depth and analytical prowess with creative savvy to move clients forward. This drive helps each organization use technology, management, and insight to turn ideas into action. Together, we create outcomes that exceed the expected — which is one of the reasons we’ve been on the Inc. 500/5000 list for over a decade.Job Description
The Workday Administrator will be the technical lead for day-to-day operations of the Workday platform. In this role, you will work closely with cross-functional partners including Human Resources, Finance, Sales, Staffing, and business line product managers to develop and execute features that will drive satisfaction and product adoption. This position will have responsibility to recommend and implement business processes, reporting, dashboards, integrations, and configurations that enable Workday to maximize organizational and business performance.
The candidate must be organized and analytical, adept at working in a team environment, able to follow and implement a project schedule, have a continuous improvement mindset and be capable of handling multiple priorities concurrently. We are looking for candidates who are excellent communicators, as well as self-starting and energetic. The Workday Administrator will also be capable of dealing with ambiguity and rapidly changing priorities, with a strong desire to take on more responsibility as they grow.
- Identify and build innovative solutions in Workday to solve business needs.
- Support resolution of issues escalated; manage incidents, track ticket status and partner with teams to resolve issues.
- Drive the execution of Workday configuration.
- Enhance Workday BP’s to support ongoing business process changes.
- Create complex reports and resolve issues with existing reports.
- Maintain integration related requirements and technical documentation.
- Monitor and triage integrations (Core Connectors, EIBs, Workday Studio, etc.) with up/down stream systems.
- Advocate for digital accessibility and inclusive design practices in all projects.
- 2-4+ years of Workday configuration and application management experience.
- Strong functional experience in Workday HCM and Workday Security Administration.
- Demonstrated functional experience in multiple Workday modules.
- Mastery of Workday's reporting and business process framework.
- Ability to lead multiple projects in a large complex organization.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including comfort communicating with senior leadership.
- Excels working in an innovative, entrepreneurial, and growing organization.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Computer Science, Information Systems or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Excellent analytical, problem solving, and multitasking skills.
- Experience with iterative or agile software development methodologies.
- Experience with Workday Integrations (Enterprise Interface Builder, Core Connector, and Studio).
- Experience with Workday Prism Analytics
- Advanced Compensation knowledge and/or experience
We want everyone at CapTech to be able to envision a lasting and rewarding career here, which is why we offer a variety of career paths based on your skills and passions. You decide where and how you want to develop, and we help get you there with customizable career progression and a comprehensive benefits package to support you along the way. Alongside our suite of traditional benefits encompassing generous PTO, health coverage, disability insurance, paid family leave and more, we’ve launched extended benefits to help meet our employees’ needs.
· CapFlex – Employee-first mentality that supports a remote and hybrid workforce and empowers daily flexibility while servicing our clients
· Learning & Development – Programs offering certification and tuition support, digital on-demand learning courses, mentorship, and skill development paths
· Modern Health –A mental health and well-being platform that provides 1:1 care, group support sessions, and self-serve resources to support employees and their families through life’s ups and downs
· Carrot Fertility –Inclusive fertility and family-forming coverage for all paths to parenthood – including adoption, surrogacy, fertility treatments, pregnancy, and more – and opportunities for employer-sponsored funds to help pay for care
· Fringe –A company paid stipend program for personalized lifestyle benefits, allowing employees to choose benefits that matter most to them – ranging from vendors like Netflix, Spotify, and GrubHub to services like student loan repayment, travel, fitness, and more
· Employee Resource Groups – Employee-led committees that embrace and incorporate diversity and inclusion into our day-to-day operations
· Philanthropic Partnerships – Opportunities to engage in partnerships and pro-bono projects that support our communities.
· 401(k) Matching – Generous matching and no vesting period to help you continue to build financial wellness
CapTech is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering a culture of equality, inclusion and fairness — each foundational to our core values. We strive to create a diverse environment where each employee is encouraged to bring their unique ideas, backgrounds and experiences to the workplace. For more information about our Diversity, Inclusion and Belonging efforts, click HERE.
At this time, CapTech cannot transfer nor sponsor a work visa for this position. Applicants must be authorized to work directly for any employer in the United States without visa sponsorship.