The InMobi Story
We like big challenges. Building a new company in 2007 was no ordinary task. As the recession hit, the iPhone was born and launched a revolution. Mobile advertising wasn’t yet a thing, other than SMS, and venture capital funding was hard to come by for four guys in India.
Yet with passion, foresight, and conviction – InMobi charted its own course, helping to transform the way consumers engage with their phones and create today's booming app economy wherein consumers now spend 4.2 hours per day.
After fourteen years of innovation, our end-to-end advertising software platform, connected content and commerce experiences have formed a powerful engine for growth that activates audiences, drives real connections, and diversifies revenue for companies around the world.
Our global organization of InMobians are excited to continue discovering and developing impactful technologies that will continue to transform people, businesses, and society.
We help brands understand, identify, engage and acquire consumers.
Title: VP of Strategy, Group Company
Location: Remote, USA
We are looking for an innovative, forward thinking problem solver to help us revolutionize how we do business. You will report to the Global Group CEO and work closely with the Executive Leadership teams in North America, APAC, and EMEA.
As VP of Strategy, you’ll shape the strategic direction of the company, with a strong focus on driving growth. This role serves as an advisor to company leaders and addresses the key questions facing senior management, the board, and the company’s operating units.
This position is also responsible for shaping the company’s strategic plans, anticipating opportunities and threats, and prioritizing initiatives and investments. This role will be highly strategic and analytical in nature and includes close collaboration with Product, Marketing, Sales and Operations groups.
As the company’s highest ranking strategy executive, you’ll also work closely with Senior Executives across the global group companies to lead critical strategic and operational initiatives across all areas of the business – from new market entry to new product development. You will lead a global team focused on tackling some of the biggest questions facing the company globally.
The Experience You’ll Need:
- 13+ years overall work experience. Some experience with a top-tier strategy consulting firm having reached the Principal or Engagement Manager level preferred.
- Experience in building trusted advisor relationships and influencing others (including C-level executives); Ability to work effectively with people at all levels in an organization.
- Demonstrated experience running large corporate strategy projects to desirable outcomes in B2B and B2C industries including adtech, ecommerce, telco and gaming.
- MBA or relevant degree (preferably a quantitative or business related field) from a top-tier institution
- Highly collaborative and comfortable working across teams cross-functionally. Ability to effectively partner, motivate and inspire stakeholders. Ability to lead, collaborate with and influence at all levels of a highly matrixed organization. Excellent people skills and judgment.
- Ability to work either independently or with cross-functional teams in a fast moving, fast changing environment. Willing to roll-up sleeves/get the job done with limited resources (not just supervise)
The Impact You’ll Make:
- 40%: Strategic Advisor: Be the strategic advisor to the InMobi Group global CEO and leaders across all business units.
- Extract strategic themes across different business units
- Execute strategy sessions across global leaders. Guide quantitative analysis to drive business decision making across global leaders and diverse business units.
- Structure work plans and project scope to deliver business impact on high priority issues
- Understand and stay current with the competitive landscape and macro trends
- Lead with innovation, and think into the future on a time scale of 12-36 months out
- 40%: Strategic Partnerships: Advise on opportunities for large partnerships that have synergies with our existing business enable different businesses within InMobi.
- Set the vision and influence stakeholders to make aggressive, analytical decisions that will drive high impact organic growth within specific BUs as well as across multiple BUs.
- Work closely with the Corp Dev team to execute relevant growth.
- 20%: Operational Rigor: Work closely with the InMobi leaders to drive monthly/quarterly/annual CEO reviews impactfully. Enable the CEO on IPO readiness need and investor management.
- Provide thought leadership and ad-hoc strategic advisory to leaders across the company.
- Conduct reviews and lead development of increased operational rigor
What does InMobi do?
InMobi is one the largest Independent Adtech players globally with a record of accomplishment for innovation, customer-centricity and a privacy-first approach. We have been recognized on both 2018 and 2019 CNBC disruptor 50 list and as one of Fast Company’s 2018 Most Innovative Companies.
We have diversified revenue across several different B2B and B2C lines of business on a global scale. The North America market is our largest global market, and where our largest clients and publisher partners are based.
What is the InMobi family like?
Our culture is our true north, enabling us to think big, solve complex challenges and grow with new opportunities. InMobians are passionate and driven, creative and fun-loving, take ownership and are results focused.
Your work is visible and meaningful; you have an opportunity to make a real impact on a global organization.
You will work with a very capable and ambitious peer group, who will welcome you with open hearts and go the extra mile to make you successful. We believe that learning is a lifelong commitment, so we invest significantly in your development using internal and external resources.
Award-winning culture, best-in-class benefits:
- Competitive salary, bonus, and stocks
- Quality medical, vision, dental
- 401(k) match
- Flexible working hours
- Parent friendly health benefits and work environment
- Wellness stipend
- Healthy time off through a combination of PTO, sick days, and company-wide holidays
- $400 to set up your own home office to thrive in a post COVID world
- Post-covid hybrid work model for employees close to our offices in New York, San Francisco, Irvine, and Kansas City
InMobi is an equal opportunity employer
InMobi is a place where everyone can grow. However you identify, and whatever background you bring with you, we invite you to apply if this sounds like a role that would make you excited to work.
InMobi provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. #LI-LP1 #Remote