This officer position works closely with senior management across CNA's business units to develop and enable the implementation and execution of CNA's overall business strategy. This position will lead a team of Corporate Strategy professionals and operate as a matrix leader with several functions across the enterprise.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
Performs a combination of duties in accordance with departmental guidelines:
- Lead the development of executive leadership presentations both internal and external partnering with other functions (i.e. Finance Public Relations etc.) as appropriate.
- Assess strategic issues projects and programs in context of company and/or business unit strategy and both near and long-term priorities.
- Build and maintain comprehensive industry knowledge including overseeing market analysis.
- Lead consult and advise on special projects and provide adhoc analysis as needed.
- Lead and develop direct reports with an emphasis on talent management and succession planning in accordance with strategic direction.
- Analyze market and industry trends and competitor actions and performance.
May perform additional duties as assigned.
Typically reports to the EVP & Global Head of Marketing, Strategy, and Innovation.
Skills Knowledge & Abilities
- Advanced and comprehensive industry knowledge including products services competitors and industry trends.
- Advanced executive communication and facilitation skills both written and verbal – with ability to influence and develop and maintain collaborative relationships at all levels within the organization and with external partners.
- Demonstrated ability to bring a disciplined thought process and dynamic problem-solving ability to business challenges including the ability to manage and prioritize potentially competing objectives.
- Strong analytics and program management capabilities.
- Exceptional leadership and talent development skills with an emphasis on building successors through coaching and feedback.
- Ability to operate effectively in a matrix organization and work well under pressure and to tight deadlines.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor's degree with Master's degree in Business Administration preferred.
- Typically a minimum of 12 years of insurance or financial services industry experience with at least seven years management experience.
- Typically a minimum of five years strategy consulting experience.