At Built In, the health, safety and well-being of our employees and of our communities is a top priority. Due to the effects of COVID-19, we have decided to manage our entire business remotely until further notice. HQ-based employees will temporarily work from home until it is safe to return to our office. As we continue to grow, we are excited to be hiring for all open roles and look forward to meeting with qualified candidates in a virtual setting. For anyone who joins our team (yay!), your onboarding experience will also be conducted virtually. Thank you for your interest in Built In and be safe!
We are currently approved to hire this position in the following states AK, CA, CO, DE, GA, ID, IL, IN, MA, MI, MO, MT, NH, NY, TX, WA, VA.
Hello, We’re Built In
Built In is on a mission to unite technology professionals with their purpose. We do that through the power of content. Today, over one million registered users and 4.5 million technology professionals use our platform every year to learn about innovative companies, new technologies and further their careers.
The caliber of audience we’ve cultivated means that over 1800 companies--from the hottest tech startups to Fortune 500 companies undergoing digital transformation-- trust us to share their employer brand story and fill the technology roles that drive their strategy.
Because we can help employers find hard to recruit talent, our B2B side is thriving. In addition our users are finding great jobs and advancing their careers and knowledge of the tech world with Built In. That means we are rapidly growing our product and technology footprint as we are committed to building the leading SaaS product for employer branding and talent activation.
With venture funding of $30M to date with a $22M Series C raise in 2019, we are poised to help technologists learn, grow and find their dream jobs--in their city, around the country or completely remote. If you are looking for an award-winning culture, have a desire to help people find purposeful work and want to be part of building best-in-class technology, Built In might fulfill your purpose.
We’re looking for a VP, Revenue Operations (Chicago IL or Remote)
Supported by the Revenue Operations team, and reporting to our CRO, this role will be responsible for ensuring Built In’s teams have the data, processes and tools to operate at their best. While this function has responsibility for many tactical/ongoing responsibilities, the VP of Revenue Operations role has a strategic focus centered on executive business partnership and supporting the long-term direction for the department.
This role will be an integral member of our leadership team, partnering with Sales, Customer Success, and Marketing teams to determine strategy, implement performance metrics, and influence alignment of all revenue operations. This intersectional role will drive revenue effectiveness by establishing measurable processes to improve sales & marketing efficiency and determine growth goals in addition to driving GTM performance, produce actionable reporting and analysis while documenting and building strong relationships across the leadership team to influence decision making.
How you’ll contribute
- Partner closely with our Sales, Customer Success, and Marketing Operations leaders and their teams, serving as subject matter expert in revenue operations to monitor and report on the sales funnel from lead generation through to deal.
- Determine and direct operational priorities connected to new business and customer acquisition, growth, customer success (retention) to effectively achieve revenue goals
- Establish high levels of quality, accuracy, and process consistency in planning, forecasting, and budgeting approaches used by the sales, marketing, and finance organizations.
- Develop process, systems and productivity metrics to ensure our teams are hitting their performance targets. Incorporate early detection and identification into the process to ensure timely actions are taken.
- Evolve the methods and tools to measure, report and recommend improvements on sales effectiveness and enablement.
- Partnering with Sales Leadership, Finance, and Legal on pricing optimization, contract standardization, and quote-to-contract efficiencies.
- Equitably assign salesforce quotas and territories while ensuring the firm's financial objectives are optimally allocated to all sales channels and resources through the quota program. Accountable for the timely assignment of all sales organization objectives.
- Prioritize investments in enabling technologies in support of sales organization productivity including enhancements to the company Customer Relationship Management technology platform.
- Optimally deploy sales personnel, making recommendations for sales roles, coverage models, or team configurations in order to maximize sales productivity.
How we'll measure success
- Accountable for the on-time implementation of sales organization quotas, territory planning, and performance objectives.
- Accountable for the establishment, improvement and measurement of a repeatable quote-to-contract process.
- Accountable for forecasting accuracy, and achievement of sales, profit, and strategic objectives.
- Responsible for the efficient allocation of technology, support, and training resources impacting the sales organization.
- Responsible for achievement of strategic objectives defined by company management.
What you need
- 10+ years of sales/business operations or sales management experience in a high-growth SaaS/PaaS environment.
- Experience successfully managing analytically rigorous corporate initiatives leveraging standard SaaS sales metrics and benchmarking.
- Proven ability to identify and lead growth enabling initiatives for rapidly scaling organizations
- Well-organized, strong communication skills and ability to manage and influence direct and indirect reports with high motivation for continuous improvement and ability to drive impact.
- Experience architecting and managing revenue systems from ground up - CRM, Marketing Automation (Salesforce ideal)
- Business Intelligence, Analytics and Data experience
What We Value
We’re revolutionizing tech recruitment. So we question everything, because the best answers sit just to the right of a question mark. That’s our heritage as a disruptive company — as a company whose future depends on our capacity to innovate with a sense of drive, purpose and urgency. If you join Built In, you will work from this set of values:
- Be Inclusive, Always. We’re committed to a culture where all people are respected, have a say and can be their whole selves. We will uplift and advocate for one another. Always.
- Be Unreasonably Passionate. Our passion is borderline obsessive, and we’re ok with that. No one ever built anything great on a “meh.” We work with outsized passion to fulfill our mission.
- Be Humble. You don’t have all the answers. Luckily, you don’t have to. Don’t worry about being right. Be humble instead.
- Stay Curious. Curiosity is a springboard to the future. It can transform the wisp of an idea into a breakthrough. We ask “what if.” We work with wonder. It’s how we innovate.
- Lead with Solutions. Question everything. But offer solutions as you do. Raise issues. But propose a few answers. For every hole you poke, offer a way to patch it up.
- Own the Result. We have no time for blame or shame. When you stumble, own it, learn from it + get back to business.
- Do More. Do more than your job description. Take initiative. Take charge. No job is beneath you, and no job is too big. Be a leader and do more — do whatever it takes.
Be Inclusive, Always
Research shows that women and other marginalized groups tend to apply to roles only when they check every point on a job description. We encourage you to apply if you meet the majority of qualifications and this role is aligned with your career trajectory.
Built In is an equal employment opportunity employer. Qualified candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, military or veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
Built In is guided by principles of diversity, equity and inclusion (DEI). We are committed to this work over the long-term, but here’s some of what’s in place today:
- We have five thriving ERG groups: Built In For The People, BuiltOut, United We Parent, Womxn United in Tech and Built In Tribe.
- We have a dedicated Director, HR + Inclusion who oversees our DEI roadmap, which provides our annual metrics, goals and initiatives.
- We are proud to be led by a female CEO and founder.
NOTE: BUILT IN NEVER CONTACTS JOB APPLICANTS VIA TEXT, MESSENGER OR OTHER SIMILAR APPLICATIONS. BE AWARE OF PHISHING AND SPOOFING SCAMS, BOTH VIA TEXT AND EMAIL. ONLY RESPOND TO EMAILS FROM BUILTIN.COM