Marqeta powers innovative payment solutions for many of the apps and services you enjoy daily. Our open API provides unprecedented flexibility and control for industry-leading companies such as Square, Coinbase, J.P.Morgan, and Uber, to manage payment operations in real-time.
Our team is a mix of industry experts and technology innovators who take a dynamic approach to solving challenging problems. Marqeta is certified as a 2022 Glassdoor Best Place to Work, highlighting our company culture and collaborative work environment. We are building a global team as diverse as the markets we serve and we’d love it if you joined us on our mission to change the way money moves.
We’re a remote-first company. You can work where you work best whether that’s from home, from a co-working space, or from one of our four global offices. It’s uncommon for candidates to match all job requirements, but if you’re not far off we absolutely want to hear from you!
The VP of Global Customer Support is a key, highly visible role at Marqeta. We're looking for an operational and results-focused leader with a passion for ensuring great customer experiences. This highly cross-functional and strategic role requires strong partnerships with leadership across our Customer Success, Business Development, Product and Engineering teams to conceive and execute a strong plan that successfully enables our global support teams to do their best work. Successful candidates will be strong operators who have the ability to have high attention to detail and work well cross-functionally.What you'll do
You’ll be in many of the key discussions about moving Marqeta and our customers forward, working with customers, banks, and payment networks on a variety of issues. You’ll need great communication skills - written and verbal - to ensure it’s clear to all stakeholders what you and the team are doing. You need to understand the importance of compliance - we work in a regulated industry and compliance is key to our success and the success of our customers.
You'll be expected to provide clear leadership to resolve issues, even if they arise in the middle of the night. You understand that responsiveness - with the right information - is paramount.
As the VP of Global Customer Support, you'll be responsible for the following functions:
- Due Diligence: This is the team that reviews and approves customers and vendors.
- Transaction Monitoring: As a program manager, Marqeta reviews the transaction activities of our customers to look for fraud, money-laundering, and other issues.
- Disputes/Chargebacks: This team processes chargebacks on behalf of our customers.
- Production Support: 24x7x365 that provides technical support to our customers and is also a key resource to many internal teams.
- Call Center Support: We have started a relationship with an outsourced, on-shore call center provider. This team manages that relationship to ensure we get the performance we need from them, helps get customers onboarded, and approves call center staffing fluctuations.
- 1-800 Support: Currently delivered by our Call Center partner, this function supports our 1-800 number, fielding all types of requests from customers, networks, cardholders, etc.
- Customer settlement and supporting reconciliation efforts
- Global readiness of our products, operations and teams to optimally serve our customer needs
- Success in a strategic role leading teams at high growth, B2B technology businesses
- Proven success leading high impact analysis and strategies
- Excellent written, verbal, and visual communication skills with extremely high attention to detail
- Deep understanding of how enterprise organizations use software
- An innate sense of urgency and results to drive programs forward
- Strategic thinker and detailed operator with a strong drive for results
- Highly analytical with a focus on data-based recommendations
- Driven and self-motivated to continuously refine their tradecraft
- Collaborative, team player
- You’ve led a cross-functional team successfully. You know how to build one team from what can feel like disparate functions.
- You’ve managed people in remote locations.
- You know payments and what it’s like to work in a highly regulated environment.
- You’re really comfortable in a highly technical environment. You aren’t the technician, but you have to know how to be an effective leader full of technical people.
- You know how to run a business that is full of people who are better at their jobs than you will ever be. You’re leading a team of functional experts and you know how to get the best out of them.
- You’re experienced at process review and redesign. You know how to get your business to operate at scale, and keep it there.
- You’ve worked globally and know how to be successful outside North America.
- At least 10 years of experience; 15 years preferred
- Flexible time off – take what you need
- Retirement savings program with company contribution
- Employee insurance premiums paid 100% + coverage for dependents and pets
- Family forming benefits including fertility support and up to 20 weeks Parental Leave
- Free therapy sessions, financial coaching, and a Wellness stipend
- Monthly stipend to support our hybrid work model
- Equity in a publicly-traded company
- Bi-annual “Hack Week” to support and reward innovation
Learn more about Marqeta on our Website, Twitter and LinkedIn.
As part of our dedication to the diversity of our workforce, Marqeta is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant on any legally-recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances.
Our Applicant and Candidate Privacy Notice applies to the personal data that you directly provide to us or that we collect during the application and candidate recruitment process.#LI-Remote