VP, Client Development at Basis Technologies
| Chicago, IL
Sorry, this job was removed at 9:15 p.m. (CST) on Tuesday, September 28, 2021
WHO WE ARE
Centro delivers software and services to automate digital media operations for more than 1,000 leading agencies and brands.
Our comprehensive ad tech platform, Basis, supports the planning, reporting, and financial reconciliation of direct, programmatic, search, and social media, all in one place.
We are deeply committed to building software that will change the ad tech industry for the better and are equally dedicated to building an inclusive culture of highly motivated individuals who create a positive and supportive environment together. We invest in our culture and support our employees so they can do their best work.
Centro is headquartered in Chicago, with beautiful offices also in Toronto, Dallas, Denver, and New York to name a few. Post-COVID, many of us will be returning to one of our offices (by choice, not requirement -- we believe results matter more than where they are produced). Our employees have the flexibility to work in one of our office locations, completely remote, or a hybrid of the two. Please note, we are hiring on a remote working basis only in the U.S. and Canada.
ABOUT THE TEAM
The VP of Client Development is responsible for leading and inspiring a team of driven, ambitious sellers with large revenue growth responsibilities. They, alongside their team, will grow Centro’s footprint within a specific geographical region by selling through Centro’s technology and services offerings. They will coach and support their team in cultivating new and growing existing client relationships. The VP of Client Development is fueled by curiosity, has a will to win and leads with positivity, accountability and optimism.
WAYS YOU’LL CONTRIBUTE
This position is a leadership role on the sales team. You will be primarily responsible for coaching and supporting your team and positioning Centro as a best-in-class partner. You will contribute by:
- Managing a team of 4+ Account Leads to increase adoption of Centro's technology and services
- Engaging key business leaders in high level consultative conversations and demonstrate how Centro’s offerings can solve for their business problems
- Managing a territory of $10+ million in revenue, including both Account Lead revenue and an individual book of business
- Exceeding established revenue goals, including specific regional accounts as assigned by management, while building new accounts
- Establishing strong relationships with advertising agency and client direct/in-house agency personnel throughout territory, including all decision-makers and key influencers, to specifically build out and achieve individual sales revenue goals
- Responding to client needs by creating new, innovative media products
- Working with sales & support teams to present media strategies and publisher recommendations
- Coaching and mentoring Account Leads throughout the sales cycle and engage with clients at key points in the cycle
- Becoming a positive and influential presence in your region
- Establishing strong relationships with in-house marketing teams and advertising agencies, including all decision-makers and key influencers from junior media planners to top management
- Clearly presenting the value of Centro’s offerings and sell through digital campaign opportunities to prospective clients
- Identifying opportunities to expand Centro’s services with existing accounts and coordinate internal resources to support efforts
WHAT YOU BRING TO THE TABLE
- 6-8 years of experience in digital AdTech sales
- 2-3 years of management experience
- Professional network that includes established senior-level relationships at agencies or brands
- Strong knowledge of competitive landscape and advertising landscape
- Proficiency in leading business discussions
- Proven success of exceeding sales goals and growing year over year revenue
- History of outstanding sales achievement and experience in structuring and closing large, complex deals
- Excellent presentation skills and ability to lead digital strategy discussions
- Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively
- Strong analytical, communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to travel
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office
- The ability to stay highly organized, optimistic, and coachable through quickly changing situations
- CRM experience (Salesforce, Hubspot, Zoho, etc)
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher
Don't think you have all the skills required for this role? That's okay, we recognize that experience can be built in many ways. If you have relevant skills that are not reflected in your resume, we welcome your candidacy and encourage you to share more in an optional cover letter, even if your experience doesn’t match our exact requirements.
LIFE WITH CENTRO
We take care of our people and believe that Centro’s success depends on the growth and well-being of each one of our team members.
We provide a thoughtful perks and benefits package including competitive 401k/RRSP matching, mental health support, a funded health savings account, paid sabbatical, generous parental leave, a flexible work environment and time off policy, and more.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer are committed to building teams of Centrons that are diverse in thought, perspective, and culture. We celebrate all team members regardless of gender identity, sexual orientation, race or cultural background, religion, disability, and age. Our employee-led communities enrich our culture of uniqueness, inclusivity, and empowerment.