Routeware is the industry leader in providing software and data analysis that enables public and private enterprises to improve the effectiveness of their waste and recycling programs. Our solutions help organizations save time and money, increase efficiency, improve safety and help make our world a greener place.
Based in Portland, Oregon, the company employs a distributed team across North America and the UK. Our brands, products, and services provide an all-in-one platform to municipal and private waste haulers and other fleet services. As part of an essential and growing industry, we seek solution-oriented team players who want to positively impact the environment. Our work environment is collaborative, dynamic, fast-paced, and fun with a strong appreciation for innovation and initiative.
Our people embody the following values and characteristics:
• Intellectually Curious, Creative
• Emotionally Intelligent
• Work Ethic / Commitment
• Problem Solver / Proactive
The Vice President of Professional Services will be responsible for building and leading our growing Professional Services team at Routeware. The successful candidate will be responsible for driving excellence and oversee planning, coordinating, managing, executing, and finalizing complex software implementation projects for Routeware customers. The Vice President of Professional Services will work closely with our customers and collaborate with implementations, technical & product teams and identify and define best practices, improve processes, define project scope and objectives, create schedules, mentor and supervise employees, communicate progress to stakeholders, ensure service delivery and adherence to timelines and budget.
- Manages a portfolio of software implementation projects to ensure adherence to schedule and budget resulting in optimal customer satisfaction.
- Helps customers maximize adoption and usage, allowing them to understand our value proposition, aid in growth and retention and create raving fans.
- Defines and sells new consulting and professional service offerings.
- Possesses strong understanding and ongoing evaluation of competition to ensure Professional Solutions solutions offerings are responsive to market opportunities.
- Scopes projects, creates SOWs and partners with sales to maximize service profitability.
- Acts as a trusted advisor to internal and external stakeholders.
- Hires, mentors, motivates, and retains exceptional employees.
- Develops, refines, and monitors metrics to assess the success of the Professional Services team.
- Ensures Professional Services involvement in the sales process including marketing, sales, pre-sales, implementation, relationship management, etc.
- Reports and presents to the Executive team.
- Meets revenue and P&L targets.
- 10+ years of work experience in a enterprise software / SAAS, computer services or hardware client engagements.
- 5+ years of experience managing multifunctional, large enterprise implementation teams.
- Familiar with scaling and profitably growing a professional services business.
- Experienced in creation of SOWs, contract negotiation, implementations, change orders, project discovery, and resource scheduling.
- Proven track record of successful Professional Services solution delivery with on-time delivery and high resource utilization KPI’s.
- Strong project management, organizational management and people management skills.
- Exceptional troubleshooting, problem solving, and risk management skills.
- Experience managing technical and complex cross organizational, multi-stakeholder projects.
- Strong communication skills including presentation, client relationship management, product management and business development skills.
- Track record of hiring and leading high performing Professional Services teams.
- 15% travel required (post-covid).
- Comprehensive benefits (medical with HSA option, vision, dental, and life insurance)
- Paid parental leave
- Medical and Dependent FSA
- 401K match
- Paid Time Off
- Nine company holidays
This is a full time, remote role based anywhere in the United States/Canada.
Routeware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits all forms of discrimination or harassment. At Routeware, we are committed to the principle of equality, and all employment decisions are based on job requirements, business needs, and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate.