Circle is a global financial technology firm that enables businesses of all sizes to harness the power of digital currency and public blockchains for payments, commerce and financial applications worldwide. Circle platforms and products provide a suite of internet-native financial services for payments, treasury infrastructure and capital formation. Circle is also a principal developer of USD Coin (USDC), which has become the fastest growing dollar digital currency in the world. USDC has grown to over 53+ billion in circulation and supported over $1.9+ trillion in transactions in the past year. Circle’s payments and treasury infrastructure services available through the Circle Account and APIs helps bridge the legacy financial system and digital currency and blockchain based finance. Circle’s SeedInvest service brings internet-native fundraising and capital formation to startups and growth companies. Combined, Circle’s suite of services helps companies to participate in a more open, global and inclusive financial system.
What you’ll be part of:
With the mission “To raise global economic prosperity through the frictionless exchange of financial value,” Circle was founded on the belief that the internet, blockchains and digital currency will rewire the global economic system, creating a fundamentally more open, inclusive, efficient and integrated world economy. We envision a global economy where people and businesses everywhere can more freely connect and transact with each other with new technologies for digital money and internet-native finance. We believe such a system can raise prosperity for people and companies everywhere. Our mission is powered by the values we espouse and which we expect all Circlers to respect. We are Multistakeholder, serving the needs of our customers, our shareholders, our employees and families, our local communities and our world. Furthermore, we are also Mindful, Driven by Excellence, and High Integrity.
What you’ll be responsible for:
Reporting to the SVP, Revenue & Partnerships, this is a senior-level position for someone capable of launching and scaling Circle’s business development and partnership initiatives on a global basis. You will be responsible for driving the growth and global adoption of USDC, the world’s most secure and fastest growing digital dollar stablecoin (currently with over $14.7B in circulation and a 5,000%+ compound annual growth rate in 2021).
By establishing and launching Circle’s first Partner Program, you will hire and lead globally distributed teams that are responsible for establishing commercial, technology, and referral partnerships with top organizations within the broader crypto and financial markets ecosystems.
In addition, you will be responsible for scaling Circle’s Institutional Trading Program working directly with the world’s top institutional traders, market makers, crypto exchanges, and high volume trading firms.
You will aspire to our four core values:
- Multistakeholder - you have dedication and commitment to our customers, shareholders, employees and families and local communities.
- Mindful - you seek to be respectful, an active listener and to pay attention to detail.
- Driven by Excellence - you are driven by our mission and our passion for customer success which means you relentlessly pursue excellence, that you do not tolerate mediocrity and you work intensely to achieve your goals.
- High Integrity - you seek open and honest communication, and you hold yourself to very high moral and ethical standards. You reject manipulation, dishonesty and intolerance.
What you'll bring to Circle:
- 15+ years of business development and strategy experience in financial services and institutional markets
- 10+ years of leadership experience building and scaling teams responsible for business development and sales within fintech, banking, payments, and financial services products
- Professional and technical knowledge of blockchain and cryptocurrency technology
- A deep understanding of crypto markets and industry ecosystem on a global basis
- Demonstrated ability to negotiate and win multi-million dollar revenue deals with a C-level audience
- Exceptional leadership experience with proven ability to hire, onboard, and consistently train employees
- Impeccable written and verbal communication skills
- Finally, you enjoy building at the earliest stages. You care deeply about contributing and improving company processes. And you enjoy moving at a fast pace, building a long-lasting foundation, and helping customers thrive.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Circle. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.#LI-Remote