Back to Career Site
Our Mission is to Make Healthcare Right. Together. Built upon the belief that by connecting and aligning the best local resources in healthcare delivery with the financing of care, we can deliver a superior consumer experience, lower costs, and optimized clinical outcomes.
What drives our mission? The company values we live and breathe every day. We keep it simple: Be Brave. Be Brilliant. Be Accountable. Be Inclusive. Be Collaborative.
If you share our passion for changing healthcare so all people can live healthy, brighter lives – apply to join our team.
SCOPE OF ROLE
The Vendor Operations team (within our provider Network Development organization) partners closely with Line of Business and Market leadership to define, launch, and continuously improve our provider network offerings for supplemental ancillary benefits (i.e., for benefits other than the core medical benefit), The team has a direct impact on Bright HealthCare members via provider networks for dental, vision, and other ancillary coverage / services. This role collaborates with teams across the organization and supports the provider network vendor partnerships including research, negotiation and implementation of potential Supplemental provider network vendors as well as day-to-day management of the provider network portfolio for Supplemental and Ancillary Benefits.
The Vendor Operations Specialist – Supplemental Benefits job description is intended to point out major responsibilities within the role, but it is not limited to these items.
- Support highly cross-functional work (with Actuarial, Operations, Technology, Legal, Marketing, Sales, Network, and others) to successfully, launch, and manage Supplemental partnerships through third-party vendor relationships. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Researching potential vendor solutions
- Conducting vendor partner selection through an RFP process or other means
- Negotiating relationship parameters and contracts
- Developing and executing on implementation plans
- Assisting with development of member materials
- Managing pricing inputs
- Conducting service/field-based team training
- Ensuring operational/tech readiness and integration
- Oversight and management of day-to-day operational activities provided by Supplemental vendors
- Provide and assist with day-to-day oversight of current Supplemental vendors by:
- Attending Joint Operating Committees with each vendor
- Reviewing monthly reporting from vendors and sharing with appropriate internal stakeholders
- Assist in providing oversight (along with Delegation Oversight) on Supplemental vendors’ delegation activities
- Support operations by managing escalated member service issues with Supplement vendors
- Support Annual Marketing readiness; including but not limited to:
- AEP (Annual Enrollment Period) materials, newsletters, and sales training
- Vendor implementations and readiness
- Serve as subject matter expert and point person to support member escalations and facilitate remediation with Supplemental partners
EDUCATION, TRAINING, AND PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE
- Two (2) or more years of experience within the healthcare industry required
- Bachelor’s degree or additional equivalent experience required
- Experience working with external vendors preferred
- Experience working with dental, vision and other provider networks for supplemental / ancillary benefits preferred
- Experience commercializing digital health and clinical products to consumers, patients, members, and/or providers preferred
- Proficiency in Windows-based computer applications; Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Power Point and required
- Strong attention to detail and analytical skills; ability to organize and analyze data
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to collaborate cross-functionally across departments and various level roles in the organization
- Able to manage time effectively, understand directions, and work independently in a fast-paced environment
- Willingness to learn and operate in ambiguity
- The majority of work responsibilities are performed in an open office setting or remotely, carrying out detailed work sitting at a desk/table and working on the computer.
- Travel may be required.
We understand patient pain points, eliminating complexity while increasing transparency, for greater access and easier navigation.
We integrate and align individual incentives at all levels, from financing to optimization to delivery of care.