Veeam Backup for Public Cloud Support Engineer at Veeam (Columbus, OH)
Everything’s in place for you to win at Veeam – the global leader in Modern Data Management. We provide trusted back-up solutions that deliver cloud data management and protection, keeping the world moving for over 400,000 customers including the vast majority of Fortune 500 companies. We’re extremely successful: a billion-dollar company and Leader in the Gartner Magic Quadrant that’s won over 200 top industry awards. But we’re always looking forward. Everyone here plays a part in finding new opportunities and winning new deals, and you’ll be backed by a best-in-service product and an unrivalled reputation for delivering customer satisfaction.
Ultimately though, we grow together, so we’ll support you fully to be successful in your role. We’ll invest in you through our on-demand learning systems. Mentoring, training and coaching will help you to find your feet, take big challenges in your stride and perform at your best. There are acceleration programmes that could propel you further forward than you imagined. And whether it’s learning additional skills, gaining a new experience or taking the next step in your career, there will be lots of scope for development.
All this in a place where people talk from the heart. We have a culture of focus and excellence. We encourage innovation and iteration. And since our achievements are tangible, we can keep it real and be genuine with each other. We’re inclusive, diverse, open and honest people who collaborate, support each other and have fun together. And we’re nimble enough for people to speak up. We play to win; we’re competitive, hungry and driven, but we remain humble. If that’s you, get ready to do Veeamazing things.Job Description
Tier 1 Support Engineer is expected to bring a high level of technical knowledge of Veeam products, communicate effectively, and maintain a high level of customer satisfaction, as well as provide client support for Veeam’s products via the telephone and email.
- Provide in depth/expert technical support and troubleshooting for Veeam Software’s clients via telephone, email, and web conferencing.
- Analyze, diagnose, and provide solutions and/or workarounds to Public Cloud Spaces environments, operating systems, networks, and applications in relation to Veeam software product problems/questions.
- Maintain strong customer rapport and excellent, timely communication.
- Operate in an environment with frequent changes, as well as stressful situations.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Expertise in the following areas:
- Microsoft Azure (VMs, blob storage; roles, regions, security groups etc.)
- Amazon AWS (S3, EC2; roles, regions, security groups etc.)
- Google Cloud Platform (VMs, blob storage, VPC network, regions etc.)
- Microsoft SQL (SQL Studio, simple queries)
- Microsoft Windows Server administration
- Linux administration,
- Networking (TCP/IP, firewalls, tools)
- Backups (concepts, software solutions etc.).
- One (1)+ years of Public Cloud administration and troubleshooting experience or equivalent certifications/education.
- One (1)+ years of client or customer support (Level I or Level II or Level III) with demonstrated problem resolution skills.
- Exceptional communications skills (verbal and written).
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.