Exciting opportunity to join the seventh largest cyber insurer in the US. We are looking for an experienced risk management professional to work with top tier trading partners in Chicago. His/her focus will be on the national account segment, but will also have the ability to work on middle market accounts. This individual will help shape the strategy with significant trading partners and the direction of team by mentoring teammates.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
Performs a combination of duties in accordance with departmental guidelines:
- Oversees and grows a portfolio of E&O, Cyber and Media business.
- Mentors and guides less experienced underwriters and assists in their career development.
- Utilizes review authority to evaluate new and renewal business to assess acceptability of risk relative to loss exposure and underwriting appetite/guidelines
- Analyzes quality and profitability of risks; prepares and presents underwriting analysis to management with little oversight.
- Develops and maintains relationships with broker partners within the assigned territory to reach positive and profitable outcomes. Markets products and services during visits with trading partners.
- Stays current on market, legal and regulatory trends.
- Opportunity to be involved in special underwriting projects and presentations to group and/or executive leadership.
May perform additional duties as assigned.
Manager or above
Skills Knowledge and Abilities
1. The highest level of technical and product specific expertise, underwriting skill and knowledge of insurance and underwriting principles, practices and procedures.
2. Strong communication negotiation and presentation skills. Ability to effectively interact with all levels of the team's internal and external business partners.
3. Advanced analytical and problem solving skills with the ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects.
4. Ability to deal with ambiguous situations and issues.
5. Creativity in resolving unique and challenging business problems.
6. Ability to achieve results by taking a proactive long-term view of business goals and objectives.
7. Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and other business-related software.
Education and Experience
1. Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience. Professional designations preferred.
2. Experience in Cyber and E&O underwriting. Five+ years of underwriting or broking experience is preferred.
3. RPLU or ARM designation or progress towards the designation is a plus