A Tutor functions as a technical leader within the student community and acts as the primary intermediary between Udacity students, the Community Manager, and staff. Tutors provide technical support to students within their Nanodegrees content and field, provide feedback, and build a sense of community amongst the student body. They can also manage webinars, meetups and other interventions.
We want to extend an opportunity for you to become a Tutor for this program with Udacity. All our Tutors are handpicked through a rigorous selection process so that we can truly be #studentfirst
- Residing in Saudi Arabia, UAE, or other Middle East countries
- Arabic and English - Bilingual
- Experience teaching technical concepts and public speaking
- Experience organizing technical talks, or webinars
- Positive character, trusted by the students, creating emotional ties in the group
- Existing tech network and experience in technical conversations & discussions
- Flexibility at their current job to take this challenge part-time as an external contractor.
- Provide technical support for students daily over an online community forum
- Answer questions around course content over the forum and facilitate content for students who get stuck in learning
- Participate in organizing community activities in coordination with the forum’s admin to ensure a fun and engaging learning environment and to help in improving students’ progress (such as online webinars, technical quizzes, technical challenges..etc)
- Share interesting extracurricular information over its dedicated categories, such as content-related news articles and useful resources to enrich the personal and professional aspects of the community
- Attend regular online meetings/ office hours with Udacity representatives through zoom, the online forum, or other medians if needed.
- Be responsive over close groups and discussions with Udacity representatives
- Provide students with 1:1 support over the community forum or using other medians if needed
- Tutors should check their private tutor’s category on the forum on a daily basis to be up to date with all the latest news from your peer tutors, community moderators, and your Udacity community manager
Why should you apply?
- Work remotely as an External Contractor
- Earn additional income
- Contribute to a vibrant, international student community
- Stay updated with the latest in cutting-edge technologies
Learn more about the Tutor Guidelines.
Udacity is committed to creating economic empowerment and a more diverse and equitable world. To ensure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, ancestry, disability, medical condition (including genetic information), age, veteran status or military status, denial of pregnancy disability leave or reasonable accommodation.