Udacity is seeking a talented Tutor to manage and facilitate an online Intro to Cybersecurity program (Type of employment: contract/remote). We want to extend an opportunity for you to become a Tutor for this program with Udacity. All our Tutors are handpicked through a rigorous selection process so that we can truly be #studentfirst
A Tutor functions as a technical leader within the student community and acts as the primary intermediary between Udacity students, the Community Manager, and staff. Tutors provide technical support to students within their Nanodegrees content and field, provide feedback, and build a sense of community amongst the student body. They can also manage webinars, meet-ups and other interventions.
- Fluency in English.
- Residing in Europe is preferable (Sessions will be conducted in European Timezone)
- Technical competence: Cybersecurity Foundations, Defending and Securing Systems, Threats, Vulnerabilities, and Incident Response, Governance, Risk, and Compliance
- 2+ years of working experience related to the above skillsets.
- Graduate from any of the Security courses/Nanodegree programs is an added plus
- Experience teaching technical concepts and public speaking
- Strong interpersonal skills and confidence to lead a group of students
- Students-oriented mindset and focus on understanding their problems
- Innovative approach and proactivity with students that need help
- Positive character, trusted by the students, creating emotional ties in the group
- Existing tech network and experience in technical conversations & discussions
- Flexibility at their current job to take this challenge part-time as a contractor
- Ability to speak and write in English fluently
- Flexibility at their current job to take this challenge as a part-time, external contractor
- Provide technical support for students on the community platform
- Facilitate content for students who get stuck in learning
- Participate in organizing community activities to ensure a fun and engaging learning environment
- Share interesting extracurricular information, such as content-related news articles to enrich the personal and professional aspects of the community
Why should you apply?
- Work remotely as an External Contractor
- Earn additional income
- Contribute to a vibrant, international student community
- Stay updated with the latest in cutting-edge technologies
Learn more about the Tutor Guidelines.
Udacity is committed to creating economic empowerment and a more diverse and equitable world. To ensure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, ancestry, disability, medical condition (including genetic information), age, veteran status or military status, denial of pregnancy disability leave or reasonable accommodation.