Trust & Safety Specialist at Change.org (Remote)
Change.org is searching for a Trust and Safety Specialist to provide dedicated content moderation in Europe + Australia (GEU), using content moderation skills and technical skills to keep our platform safe
We’re a social impact business (a public benefit company), and the world's largest non-profit owned tech platform focused on civic action with 80m monthly users, 750,000 campaigns launched on the site every month, and a revenue model that has grown considerably over the last few years.
We were recently named as a finalist for Fast Company’s 2022 World Changing Ideas Company of the Year, a finalist for the Employee Size: Midsize (100-999 employees) category AND received an honorable mention for the Change.org Racial Justice Fund in the General Excellence and Corporate Social Responsibility categories.
We are looking for a Trust & Safety Specialist who is great at content moderation, cross-team support, and communication and has a passion for expanding our platform to mobilize hundreds of millions of people to take deeper civic action.
You will be based out of Europe and report to our Director of Trust & Safety. As a key member of our team, you’ll:
- Lead our Europe +Australia content moderation
- Manage high priority escalations and conduct investigation
- Proactively identify new topical areas of abuse and conduct deep dives
- Document the policy gaps and recommendation for enforcement flows
- Drive cross-functional efforts across policy, legal, product, user success and safety, and global communication
The most important capabilities for the role are:
- Ability to assess a large volume of content
- Ability to navigate the complex investigation
- Ability to run reports, create filters and pull data. Able to make policy enforcement recommendations
- Ability to synthesize and diagnose trends within large datasets
- Ability to own projects independently and proactively work with the Trust and Safety/Policy team
- Ability to explain trends to diverse set stakeholders. Clear communication and ability to give and take feedback
- Appetite for learning new skills, particularly statistical methods and analysis tools and content moderation softwares
- 2+ years experience working on campaigns, policy, trust and safety
- 1+ years experience in analytics-focused work
- 2+ years experience with Trust and Safety and/or Policy
- 1+ years experience with Excel, SQL and Salesforce Service cloud
Interested? Great! Here's what you should know:
This is a full time, remote position, open to folks living in the EU. Our team is high impact, low ego, and has an amazing culture to be part of.
Change.org is a global company, and salaries are adjusted for cost of labor in each city. For example, the annual salary of a Trust & Safety Specialist is is 47,000 EUR in London, would be 41,500 EUR in Madrid, and 59,500 EUR in Paris, and 45,500 EUR in Rome.
We anticipate moving very quickly and our evaluation process is as follows:
- 1 hour take home assignment
- 30 min interview with our Recruiter
- 45 min interview with our Director of Trust and Safety
- 30 min interview with our Head of Policy
We especially encourage applicants of different backgrounds, cultures, genders, experiences, abilities and perspectives to apply. We’re actively working to increase the diversity of experience and perspectives on our team and are looking for someone who can help continue to lead that process.
Change.org is committed to being a diverse and inclusive workplace. Everyone says this, right? Well, we mean it - we invest in serious programs to bring in and support women and people of color, we have in-person onboarding experiences and affinity groups to help everyone feel included, we regularly celebrate the heritage of all staff, and we believe strongly in consistent, fair, and transparent salary scales to help level the playing field. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, or disability or veteran status.