Zocdoc is the tech company at the beginning of a better healthcare experience. Every day, we are driven by our mission to give power to the patient, building products and services that simplify and streamline the overall healthcare journey for patients and providers, delivering the modern healthcare experience they expect and deserve.
Healthcare moves slow. We move fast. Patients deserve speed and convenience.
Your Impact on our Mission
Zocdoc’s most important asset is our people. As a Trust & Safety Operations Associate, your mission is to promote patient and provider trust in the platform and protect the integrity of the marketplace by leading your team in detecting, reporting, and acting on abusive user behavior. As a member of this newly formalized function, you’ll be tasked with executing on Trust & Safety tasks as well as helping build additional structured Trust & Safety workflows in order to keep pace with Zocdoc’s rapidly growing and evolving marketplace.
Zocdoc’s Trust & Safety Operations function is at the nexus of our Community Standards, partnering with cross-functional teams such as Product, Data, Sales, Service, and Legal to execute on mitigating behavior and content that is out of line with the platform’s standards. As a Trust & Safety Associate, you’ll be responsible for the critical daily operations that determine how well Zocdoc’s marketplace represents its standards.
You’ll enjoy this role if you are…
- Are a passionate operator, who can bridge the gap between strategy and execution
- Thrive in entrepreneurial settings where creativity and grit are required
- Can identify opportunities and quickly notify the right people with proper urgency
- Personally motivated by seeing your work make an impact on the world, but are okay with not being in the spotlight
- Are comfortable working in varying levels of ambiguity in the course of a single day
- Are confident in engaging courageously in difficult conversations
- Are proud of the work you do, but don’t take yourself too seriously
Your day to day is…
- Enforcing Zocdoc’s Community Standards to ensure all participants on our platform feel safe and respected
- Alerting T&S leadership of any unforeseen threats or activities that could put Zocdoc or its users at risk
- Executing on key workflows designed to rapidly address user concerns, through investigations requiring written/oral communication both internal and externally
- Providing feedback to T&S leadership to help improve policies and processes meant to address and eliminate bad actors while minimizing friction for everyday users
- Partnering daily with individuals from other departments to help carry out the T&S and company-wide mission
You’ll be successful in this role if you have…
- 1+ years of work experience in a hands-on operations or service role with customer-facing responsibilities
- Strong communication skills, able to articulate site policy to less technical individuals and able to de-escalate upset clients
- Ability to make quick decisions that have real consequences
- Resourcefulness, nimbleness, and the ability to stay positive under pressure
- Empathetic in all situations, leveraging ability to understand others’ perspectives to resolve situations
- Willingness to roll up your sleeves and be resourceful to solve ambiguous challenges
- A passion for operational excellence and organization
- Resilient, able to bounce back to continue with excellence after a difficult interaction
- 100% paid employee health benefit options
- Parental leave
- Cell Phone reimbursement
- Competitive PTO
Zocdoc is the country’s leading digital health marketplace that helps patients easily find and book the care they need. Each month, millions of patients use our free service to find nearby, in-network providers, compare choices based on verified patient reviews, and instantly book in-person or video visits online. Providers participate in Zocdoc’s Marketplace to reach new patients to grow their practice, fill their last-minute openings, and deliver a better healthcare experience. Founded in 2007 with a mission to give power to the patient, our work each day in pursuit of that mission is guided by our six core values. Zocdoc is a private company backed by some of the world’s leading investors, and we believe we’re still only scratching the surface of what we plan to accomplish.
Zocdoc is a mission-driven organization dedicated to building teams as diverse as the patients and providers we aim to serve. In the spirit of one of our core values - Together, Not Alone, we are a company that prides itself on being highly collaborative, and we believe that diverse perspectives, experiences and contributors make our community and our platform better. We’re an equal opportunity employer committed to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. Applicants are considered for employment regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, national origin, gender, sex, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or parental status, disability, veteran status, or any other class protected by applicable laws.
Return to Office
The safety and health of our team members is our top priority. As local case numbers and regulations allow, our NYC office will be accessible five days a week, though working in-office remains completely voluntary; everyone is invited but nobody is required to work in the office. For team members who work in-office days, we will provide an experience that supports social interaction, collaboration, and of course all of our regular perks such as free lunch. Learn more about our return to office philosophy, plans, and updates here!