Trust & Safety Associate (Remote) at Substack
Sorry, this job was removed at 8:20 p.m. (CST) on Tuesday, March 8, 2022
Trust and Safety at Substack
Trust & Safety is the team responsible for charting Substack’s path through a variety of challenging issues in copyright, privacy, content moderation, and spam.
Associates on the team are primarily responsible for enforcing Substack’s Content Guidelines, and will be at the front lines of some of the thorniest challenges in the life of a growing platform. Associates will manage manual review queues for all content flagged for policy violations and resolve customer support issues related to platform safety.
- Respond and resolve complex user issues related to copyright infringement, privacy, user safety, risk, compliance, and content moderation
- Review and moderate highly sensitive content on the platform at a high volume
- Help improve processes to optimize efficiency, safety, and the reader/writer experience
- Flag and track edge-cases to inform Substack’s policy development
- 2+ years of experience in a customer facing role related to compliance, risk, trust & safety, content moderation or similar space
- Ability to work with ambiguity and quickly adapt to process and policy changes, often under time pressure
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience leveraging data to drive process improvements
- Experience with Zendesk administration is a plus
- Writer-obsessed. You may not be a writer, but you understand the media landscape
Substack is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. We're seeking people passionate about enabling independent expression and building a better business model for creators. If you want to see what media, communities, and content can become when unmoored from advertising models, and you have the skills and experience to contribute, we'd love to meet you.
More Information on Substack
Substack operates in the Digital Media industry. The company is located in San Francisco, CA. Substack was founded in 2017. It has 233 total employees. To see all jobs at Substack, click here.
Read Full Job Description