Traveling Installation Technician - Dallas, TX at Flock Safety
Eliminate Crime. Build Community.
Flock Safety provides the first public safety operating system that empowers private communities and law enforcement to work together to eliminate crime. We are committed to protecting human privacy and mitigating bias in policing with the development of best-in-class technology rooted in ethical design, which unites civilians and public servants in pursuit of a safer, more equitable society.
Our Safety-as-a-Service approach includes affordable devices powered by LTE and solar that can be installed anywhere. Our technology detects and captures objective details, decodes evidence in real-time and delivers investigative leads into the hands of those who matter.
While safety is a serious business, we are a supportive team that is optimizing the remote experience to create strong and fun relationships even when we are physically apart. Our flock of hard-working employees thrive in a positive and inclusive environment, where a bias towards action is rewarded. Flock Safety is headquartered in Atlanta and operates nationwide. We have raised approximately 250M in venture capital including a recent Series D round by Andreessen Horowitz. Now surpassing a 1B valuation, Flock is scaling quickly and seeking the best and brightest to help us meet our goal of eliminating crime in the United States by 25% in the next three years.
How You Will Take Flight With Flock
- Install poles of varying lengths per install specifications. Requires digging a minimum of 8” x 24” holes.
- Assemble, kit, and install various ancillary components and Flock Safety products
- Mount solar panels on poles, as well as attaching external batteries to solar panels
- Affix license-plate reading cameras to poles, angle to capture desired footage
- Work on both public and private roads, working often on equipment 10-12’ high.
- Occasionally working with a bucket truck and/or ladder to work on equipment up to 30’ high.
- Test new apps and equipment and create detailed reports on the findings for team supervisors and other internal stakeholders
- Repairing minor breaks in underground irrigation or private wiring
- Adhere to daily schedule by showing up prepared and on time
- Audit, replenish and maintain shed network to include light waste management services and small tool inventory
- Complete work in reasonable time frame
- Provide installation pictures via Flock field app
- Perform work in safe and professional manner
- Meet with customers to discuss installation options and perform site surveys
- Communicate effectively with both internal teams and customers
- Driving (and bringing home daily) a Dodge Promaster 1500 or similar company vehicle
- Daily inventory management and reporting
- Project coordination between end users and deployment teams
- Clean driving record going back 3 years, and ability to complete basic background check and drug screening
- This role requires frequent/continuous bending, digging, reaching, climbing, squatting, sitting, standing, walking, driving, and independently lifting up to 50 lbs.
- This role requires you to be 21+ in order to rent a vehicle from preferred providers.
- Prior experience with field work is a plus: construction, security systems, low voltage wiring, or similar.
- Willing to be trained to operate and drive a bucket truck on occasion.
- Comfortable working on and around ladders/heights
- Handyman-like experience whether personally or professionally.
- Able to think on your feet and while using your hands.
- Time-management and communication skills needed to complete work efficiently and correctly the first time
- Highly organized
- Desire to work outdoors and comfortable working in all weather conditions
- General affinity for all things tech. The kind of person that can login to their router if necessary.
- Positive and professional demeanor
- Willingness to go outside your comfort zone when the situation requires it.
Required Availability: Work hours are M-F during daylight hours. As a traveling technician you may be asked to work extended hours, and some Saturdays in order to meet project deadlines and customer expectations.
Travel: Expect to be on the road at least 3 weeks a month, including weekends performing installation activities across the US.
Why join the Flock?
When you join the Flock, you are joining a diverse team of passionate, ambitious, intelligent people that put team over self. We offer competitive salary (commensurate with experience), equity in the company, take what you need vacation policy, and the opportunity to grow your career at a fast-paced, high growth mission-driven startup. We genuinely care about the well-being of our employees both in and out of the office and understand the importance of work/life balance. We’d love for you to join us in the fight to eliminate crime, one community at a time.