Who We Are:
At Platform Science, we’re working to connect everything that moves.
Founded in 2015, we are an open IoT platform that partners with innovative fleets, application developers, vehicle manufacturers, and equipment providers in the transportation industry to deliver revolutionary solutions to supply chain professionals across the globe.
Our employees are an engaging, diverse group of people who believe in the power of great ideas. We hire people with different experiences and perspectives to build a company culture that fuels growth through innovation.
We value thoughtful actions and empathy for others. We approach challenges with resiliency and creativity, while encouraging transparency because, no matter our backgrounds or responsibilities, we are one team.
About the Role:
Field Services/IT Support Technician (Traveling - National - Multi-state)
The Marketing team is currently seeking a contract Field Services/IT SupportTechnician to join our team. If you like traveling, want to see the entire United States, and have great customer service skills, we would love to have you join us!
As a Field Services/IT SupportTechnician, you will be providing onsite hardware, software, and networking support for our tradeshows and prospect roadshow in our Connected Vehicle Lab, a converted semi-truck and trailer showcasing the latest in transportation technology. In this role, you’ll be installing, modifying, troubleshooting, and repairing Platform Science and partner hardware, software, and Samsung tablets as needed. Plus, you’ll be responsible for follow-up services and problem escalation.
What you'll do:
- Providing onsite hardware and networking support for computer systems, hardware, mobile devices, telecommunications equipment, and computer peripherals
- Managing devices, accounts, and passwords for the mobile lab and mobile lab presenters
- Troubleshooting and testing new lab configurations, hardware equipment, and software builds by researching and resolving technical problems
- Presenting a high degree of professionalism in actions, demeanor, and dress at customer/partner-facing events and tradeshows
- Maintaining performance of computer systems and running regular diagnostics to identify problems with computer systems
- Inventorying, installing, modifying, and repairing computer hardware, software, and peripheral equipment
- Developing and maintaining a working knowledge of all operating standards, practices, and procedures
- Communicating accurately, concisely, and professionally about important repair steps taken, parts ordered, and time estimated until completion
- Maintaining a technology and systems inventory
- Assisting with setup and tear down of mobile lab equipment
- Performing other related duties as assigned
What we’re looking for:
- Position requires 100% traveling across the U.S., including overnight stays
- 1-year in field service support role supporting a variety of hardware, networking, and telecommunication equipment preferred
- Must be available for varying shifts depending on customers’ needs
- Exceptional organizational skills and a professional presence
- Ability to work efficiently within a team
- Reliable transportation
- Must have ability to lift 50 lbs. as well as know and use proper lifting techniques
- Must be able to climb ladders
- Must be comfortable working at heights of 3-40 ft.
- Must have exceptional driving record and have a valid driver’s license
- Must be able to pass drug screening and background check