Transition Manager at Rackspace Technology (Remote)
Sorry, this job was removed at 11:41 a.m. (CST) on Tuesday, September 13, 2022
Rackspace is hiring a full-time Programme Manager for our team to play a key consultative role in providing technology advisory consulting, including strategic assessments, and business case analysis for our clients. The Programme Manager will lead strategic assessment engagements as a trusted advisor to executive stakeholders. The Programme Manager will need to be a highly skilled individual to be able to understand client's current business and technology requirements, identify gaps, areas of opportunity, and design future state improvements as well as providing pre-sales support for new and continuation of engagements.
Programme Managers within Rackspace Professional Services manage and deliver clearly scoped out migration engagements, in addition to providing analysis, consultancy and business case services to customers on how to realise and achieve their strategic goals. Programme Managers are required to engage at a pre-sales level to sell both migration and consultancy style engagements.
You will be working with diverse presales, sales, technical consultancy and service delivery and support teams ensuring Professional Services engagements are scoped, planned and delivered to maximise value for customers and Rackspace. These engagements may include application migration, infrastructure consolidation, transformation, automation, optimization, and lifecycle services.
- Lead and deliver the sale of multi-phased complex migration and transformation programs that address technology, people/organisation, and process.
- Maintain and deliver in accordance with a methodology to guide customers during early stage of cloud adoption.
- Identify opportunities to leverage Rackspace service offerings to complement client’s re-engineered business processes and roadmaps
- Maintain awareness of the overall Rackspace proposition and services.
- Gather client needs/areas of improvement and translate them to business requirements
- Identify risks, issues, challenges and opportunities that exist within the customer application estate.
- Effectively present recommendations to clients using both written deliverables and face-to-face discussions
- Accountable for revenue realization on contracted projects. The Programme Manager acts as first point of contact for assigned customers during delivery. Accountable for all client project / programme communications, conflict resolution, and compliance on client deliverables.
- Consults with internal teams and customers at all levels within the organization to develop programme and project parameters, including time, resource, dependencies, and cost estimates.
- Accountable for programme and project management deliverables including the project plan, project schedule, status reports, meeting minutes, issue logs and any other documentation related to the management and administration of the project.
- Lead the effort to find creative approaches to problem solving and quality deliverables supporting business needs and processes.
- When required facilitate project meetings focused on status reporting, problem resolution, feedback, fostering open communication within the team on project planning and execution.
- Works closely with account managers and service delivery, providing regular two-way communication between the client and team, to provide strong team representation and set proper client expectations.
- Tracks and reports on consulting hours and travel as outlined per contract and departmental policy.
- Provide FANATICAL experience by ensuring 100% customer satisfaction for all Rackspace Professional Services engagements.
- Orchestrate and lead the professional services elements of a wide range of presales efforts including proposals,RFP/RFI responses and generating Statements of Work (SoW) as the means to help customers realise the value of Racksapce.
- Industry or related professional services delivery, implementation, leadership, partner and / or account management experience.
- Demonstrated success of leading a programme and managing people in a customer facing role.
- Advanced knowledge of service management and project delivery methodologies.
- Strong understanding of IT managed services and reasonable technical competency with the ability to learn and apply new technologies.
- Expert knowledge of business operations across various industries.
- Organization, communications (including presentation skills, diplomacy, and influencing), process thinking, directing work through others, initiative, building relationships and trust, and consensus building.
- Knowledge of industry metrics and how to positively impact those figures by identifying them in customer and market interactions.
- Experience interfacing with clients at all levels and managing client expectations.
- Demonstrated competency such as impact & influence, enabling change, program management, customer focus, strategic thinking, creativity, and drive for results.
- Ability to deal with ambiguity by making the appropriate decisions considering the relative costs and benefits of potential actions.
- Ability to prioritize effectively and handle shifting priorities.
- Proven ability to motivate responsible parties to ensure project timelines and deliverables are met.
- Proficiency in using enterprise project portfolio management applications such as Microsoft Project and Office applications (Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience is required.
- PRINCE2, Managing Successful Programmes, or equivalent certifications preferred.
- Ability to travel as required
About Rackspace Technology
We are the multicloud solutions experts. We combine our expertise with the world’s leading technologies — across applications, data and security — to deliver end-to-end solutions. We have a proven record of advising customers based on their business challenges, designing solutions that scale, building and managing those solutions, and optimizing returns into the future. Named a best place to work, year after year according to Fortune, Forbes and Glassdoor, we attract and develop world-class talent. Join us on our mission to embrace technology, empower customers and deliver the future.
More on Rackspace Technology
Though we’re all different, Rackers thrive through our connection to a central goal: to be a valued member of a winning team on an inspiring mission. We bring our whole selves to work every day. And we embrace the notion that unique perspectives fuel innovation and enable us to best serve our customers and communities around the globe. We welcome you to apply today and want you to know that we are committed to offering equal employment opportunity without regard to age, color, disability, gender reassignment or identity or expression, genetic information, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity status, military or veteran status, nationality, ethnic or national origin, race, religion or belief, sexual orientation, or any legally protected characteristic. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
More Information on Rackspace Technology
Rackspace Technology operates in the Cloud industry. The company is located in San Antonio, TX and San Antonio, TX. Rackspace Technology was founded in 1998. It has 7509 total employees. It offers perks and benefits such as Flexible Spending Account (FSA), Disability Insurance, Dental Benefits, Vision Benefits, Health Insurance Benefits and Life Insurance. To see all 178 open jobs at Rackspace Technology, click here.
Read Full Job Description