Training & eLearning Specialist at Cendyn (Remote)
Reporting to the Associate Director of Training and eLearning, this role will help reinforce the benefits and self-sufficiency of our platform to customers. This role is responsible for working with the Training Manager in the creation of product and onboarding trainings for customers. They will work closely with multiple teams and assist in producing comprehensive courses and eLearning materials for Cendyn’s Knowledge Cloud.
The Learning Team’s Mission: To empower employees and customers with the ability to learn how they can utilize our solutions and how we can leverage data to drive more meaningful connections.
- Identify process and product improvements based on data.
- Coordinate with Support and Customer Success teams to identify types of tasks that generate the most volume, and create content based off those high traffic areas.
- Utilize support ticket information (Zendesk) to understand customer workflows and improve the Knowledge Cloud.
- Maintain and facilitate the product onboarding learning series.
- Create the monthly Knowledge Cloud analyze trends.
- Monitor and report on the Knowledge Cloud key performance indicators (KPIs).
- Automate the predictable so we can humanize the exceptional
- Create videos and content that drive customers to self-service first via the customer service portal.
- Ensure that Cendyn customer facing teams have the resources to support customers.
- Assist the manager in creating view for the team to define and monitor success metrics across Customer Services.
- Through various learning formats, drive customer ROI with our products
- Inspire excellence in Customer Services across company
- Align with Product Owners to keep our knowledge cloud up to date and accurate.
- Align with customer facing teams to create articles and training programs to minimize volume to those teams.
- Enhance Customer Services team effectiveness and efficiency through technology and/or automation. Including optimization/adding the following:
- Knowledge Cloud
- Customer Onboarding Programs
- Leverage data to create relevant articles and videos for the customer.
- Through effective listening with Cendyn team members, foster a strong relationship with stakeholders. Foster collaboration within team and across customer lifecycle
- Encourage continuous learning within team.
- A general knowledge of the hospitality industry.
- Make customer facing presentations.
- Use Zendesk and other CRM products to communicate and track customer learning.
Required Education and Services:
- 3+ years’ experience in corporate training or equivalent experience
- Degree from an accredited college or university, or equivalent experience
- Excellent communication and presentation skills. Solid communication skills to effectively deal with various levels of management, staff, and/or outside contacts.
- Familiarity with eLearning authoring tools (Captivate, Camtasia)
- Experience in these areas is a plus.
- 1+ years of experience in Hotel Operations or equivalent Services
- 1+ years of experience working in a CRM or email marketing field, preferably in the hospitality vertical
- Experience with Learning Management Systems
- Planning and Organizational Skills –Excellent organizational, planning, and proven ability to manage multiple priorities.
- Decision Making – Excellent decision making and problem-solving skills.
- Office Tools – Proficiency in Microsoft Office products: Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint. Basic abilities with SharePoint and Smartsheet are a plus.
- Analytical and Conceptual Thinking – Ability to interpret and analyze situations, identify solutions, and formulate recommendations.
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills to work effectively in a team environment and maintain a professional and positive manner.
This job operates in a home office or office environment. Working in an office environment requires a high degree of discipline and the ability to work with others in a moderately noisy open office environment with centrally controlled heat/AC setting.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus. This position requires the ability to occasionally lift office products and supplies, up to 20 pounds.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work:
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 9 a.m. to 5:30 p.m and subject to changes by Manager’s communication. As a global company, working hours may have to accommodate customer and team schedules in different international time zones.
This position does not require any travel.
Cendyn provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Cendyn complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Cendyn expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Cendyn’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.