Training and Quality Manager, Safety Enforcement at Reddit
A Training and Quality Manager will be expected to manage the training and quality team currently consisting of three FTEs (with 2 open headcount for an expected total of 5 FTEs). Ideally, this candidate will have some management or lead experience. As well as experience leading a distributed workforce. A massive part of their role will be ensuring that our contractor partner Telus is provided with a robust training experience as well as an effective quality program. As such, it would be best if they have experience working with contractor companies in the past. It is not as important that they have a Trust and Safety background, however, they should be made well aware early on in the process that they will be working with extremely sensitive areas.
Ideally, candidates for this role will be located either on the East Coast of the US or in Dublin. Due to the timezone need, an applicant out of San Francisco would find the work challenging as our Telus Partner locations are in Dublin, Ireland and Sofia, Bulgaria, training would need to take place in those time zones.
Top 3 target characteristics:
- Background in working with contractors - in the operational, training, or quality space
- Previous management or leadership experience
- Highly analytical
Training & Quality Specialist, Safety Enforcement
About the Role:
Reddit is rapidly growing and we are looking for an enthusiastic Training & Quality Manager to join our Global Safety Enforcement team. We are focused on building an engaging and impactful learning program to help our safety enforcement team fight abuse on our platform and improve our user experience. The Training & Quality Manager will work closely with internal Policy Enforcement Managers, external Vendor Partners, and additional stakeholders to identify agent development needs and implement effective learning solutions.
The ideal candidate will be passionate about and/or have experience in training program design, learning content creation, delivering group or 1:1 training, research, data analysis, and vendor partner management.
What You’ll Do
- Develop, manage and incentivize the team responsible for reviewing escalated content and conducting deep dive investigations
- Plan, prioritize, and coordinate the daily responsibilities of the Training and Quality team including defining priorities and goals
- Help shape team strategy and vision, establish team goals and work with direct reports and leaders across the organization on strategies for executing, measuring progress and sharing results
- Partner with various Product and Data teams to to deliver insights and drive continuous improvement in the tooling and scalability of our enforcement teams
- Collaborate with the Advanced Operations Manager and Policy Enforcement team on learning and development initiatives and process improvement opportunities
- Exude patience and positivity in the Community and contribute to a growing safety-first organisation
- Leverage data insights and perform analysis to identify training areas needing improvement.
- Create training plans and strategies utilizing various learning methodologies and technology (e.g., online live training sessions, eLearning courses, wikis, and blended group learning solutions.)
- Conduct regular internal process evaluations to identify opportunities to improve the quality review process, eliminate manual processes, and boost quality reviewer productivity.
- Partner with Training, Quality, and Data Leads to perform an ongoing analysis of quality metrics to evaluate agent performance, identify critical training needs, gaps/grey areas in our policy, and overall effectiveness of the training program.
- Demonstrate a fundamental understanding of a quality organization, team dynamics, and conflict management
What We Can Expect From You:
- 2-3 years management experience; 5+ years of operations experience
- Clear passion for team growth, one-to-one coaching and developing teams as well as the individual contributor
- Familiarity with content moderation concepts and workflow management softwares (ticketing)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, attention to detail and ability to manage and delegate multiple projects and tasks
- Ability to excel in a dynamic and fast-paced operational environment and drive change, and collaborate cross-functionally
- Ability to function well in high-pressure situations and smoothly take the lead if necessary
- Proficiency in simplifying and presenting complex concepts to senior stakeholders
- Analytical and problem-solving experience
- Experience with Learning Management Systems (LMS) platforms is a plus
- Experience working with international partners across different time zones and cultures is a plus
Reddit is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please contact us at [email protected].