We’re Coinbase. We’re the world’s most trusted way to join the crypto revolution, serving more than 73 million accounts in more than 100 countries.
Our mission is to increase economic freedom around the world, and we couldn’t do this without hiring the best people. We’re a group of hard-working overachievers who are deeply focused on building the future of finance and Web 3.0 for our users across the globe, whether they’re trading, storing, staking or using crypto. Know those people who always lead the group project? That’s us.
There are a few things we look for across all hires we make at Coinbase, regardless of role or team. First, we look for candidates who will thrive in a culture like ours, where we default to trust, embrace feedback, and disrupt ourselves. Second, we expect all employees to commit to our mission-focused approach to our work. Finally, we seek people who are excited to learn about and live crypto, because those are the folks who enjoy the intense moments in our sprint and recharge work culture. We’re a remote-first company looking to hire the absolute best talent all over the world.
Ready to #LiveCrypto? Who you are:
- You’ve got positive energy. You’re optimistic about the future and determined to get there.
- You’re never tired of learning. You want to be a pro in bleeding edge tech like DeFi, NFTs, DAOs, and Web 3.0.
- You appreciate direct communication. You’re both an active communicator and an eager listener - because let’s face it, you can’t have one without the other. You’re cool with candid feedback and see every setback as an opportunity to grow.
- You can pivot on the fly. Crypto is constantly evolving, so our priorities do, too. What you worked on last month may not be what you work on today, and that excites you. You’re not looking for a boring job.
- You have a “can do” attitude. Our teams create high-quality work on quick timelines. Owning a problem doesn’t scare you, but rather empowers you to take 100% responsibility for achieving our mission.
- You want to be part of a winning team. We’re stronger together, and you’re a person who embraces being pushed out of your comfort zone.
Coinbase’s Trading Execution Services team provides real-time product and operational support to our Prime Brokerage platform. Team members are at the front lines of helping institutional clients trade and custody cryptocurrency trades. They ensure our trading systems are always fully functional from a treasury and operational perspective.
What you’ll be doing (ie. job duties):
- Establish procedures and perform appropriate controls (including fiat and crypto reconciliations), while exercising good judgment in managing risk and following escalation procedures.
- Build and maintain close relationships and partnerships with internal and external stakeholders (Project and Product Managers, Compliance, Engineering Teams, Service providers and clients)
- Operational assistance and subject matter expertise to external clients on order lifecycle issues and adhoc issue troubleshooting
- Develop expertise in local market practices through experience, training, classes and outside research, to ensure best of class service.
- Settle OTC (over-the-counter) trades with clients and counterparties.
- Monitor cryptocurrency and fiat balances on execution venues and responsibility for funding as necessary.
- Perform periodic reconciliations of internal accounting systems and external venue balances.
- Work with other support teams to troubleshoot trading, funding and configuration issues.
- Feedback loop with Product and Engineering teams on system issues and improvements
- Active part in user acceptance testing (UAT) cycles for new features and offerings
What we look for in you (ie. job requirements):
- Professional experience (2+ years) coupled with strong operational background and the ability to multitask will be critical
- Understanding of financial markets and working knowledge of trading systems
- Familiarity with cryptocurrencies including exchange trading and blockchain transactions.
- Strong controls and operational risk awareness
- Excellent attention to detail, problem solving/analytical abilities, research skills and able used to a high tempo working style.
- Strong communication skills
- Willingness to be part of a 24/7 support rotation with a global team.
Nice to haves:
- Prior experience in a MIddle Office / Trade Support role
- Working knowledge of SQL
Notice for Colorado applicants as required by sb19-085 (8-5-20). Target annual salary for this role performed in Colorado, is $109,650 + target bonus + target equity + benefits (including medical, dental, vision and 401(k)).
Coinbase is committed to diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other basis protected by applicable law. Coinbase will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. For US applicants, you may view Pay Transparency, Employee Rights and Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law notices by clicking on their corresponding links. Additionally, Coinbase participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.
Coinbase is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to accommodations[at]coinbase.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. For quick access to screen reading technology compatible with this site click here to download a free compatible screen reader (free step by step tutorial can be found here).Global Data Privacy Notice for Job Candidates and Applicants
Depending on your location, the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) may regulate the way we manage the data of job applicants. Our full notice outlining how data will be processed as part of the application procedure for applicable locations is available here. By submitting your application, you are agreeing to our use and processing of your data as required.