About Camelot Illinois
Camelot Illinois operates the Illinois Lottery, a modern enterprise that truly benefits the people of Illinois. We place consumers and social responsibility at our core, providing funding for schools, capital projects, and special causes. We are a progressive organization that is reinforcing the lottery’s rightful position as a force for good alongside the State of Illinois.
About the Team:
The Business Operations Technology team utilizes the latest technological trends to effectively build and manage solutions in an informal, open and collaborative environment.
Within Camelot Illinois, the Test Manager is responsible for reporting problems with products to management and designating them for repairs or redesign. Supervise testing products and ensure internal procedures are followed correctly and results properly recorded. Reporting to the QA Manager you will work alongside your peers to shape and implement the best possible model for the delivery of high-quality software and systems at Camelot Illinois. You will be passionate about your work, keeping abreast of changes in the industry and technologies, using this to challenge convention and provide vision, inspiration, and leadership. You will bring progressive ideas and pragmatic implementation experience around delivering high quality into production.
Additionally, helping to establish the Illinois Lottery brand, to be a champion of the people of Illinois, through the delivery and execution of Business Operations’ excellence is a priority. Technology & Business Operation’s excellence is key to powering possibilities for the people of Illinois.
- Leads the testing team to the success of the project
- Formulate/review software testing strategies
- Manage software testing resources(Recruit, train, allocate and monitor)
- Review business/software requirements and provide inputs
- Analyze test results and test metrics
- Prepare / review / present test reports
- Coordinate with other managers (Project Manager, Development Manager, etc) to ensure the highest level of software quality.
- Develop test plans for projects/releases
- Develop test completion report for assigned projects
- Define the scope of testing within the context of every release and every software testing level or cycle
- Acts as primary point of contact for projects included in a release
- Maintains release testing issues and risks
- Provide a daily status reports with metrics for assigned projects
- Create and maintain Jira dashboards for assigned projects
- Serve as Defect Manager for all assigned projects
- Facilitate and lead UAT effort for CIL and State Lottery
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent software quality testing experience
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal)
- Ability to collaborate and communicate with developers, business analysts, and business team members
- Experience with resource management, providing test estimates, and forecasting of resources
- Proficient in collecting test metrics and creating comprehensive test summary reports
- Requires in-depth experience with Waterfall methodologies
- Strong time management and organization skills
- Jira experience
- Experience with Testing Web, Mobile and Client Server applications
- Agile experience (preferred)
- Lottery domain experience (preferred)
Working For Camelot Illinois
We are a transformative lottery company with world-class people, technology, and operations that is committed to powering possibilities—for our employees, our partners, and our consumers. With grit and determination we believe in doing not just the easy thing but the right thing. The Camelot values of Do good, Be accountable, Stay connected, Keep improving, and Spark enthusiasm are embedded in the design of our organization and our plans for Illinois.
- Do Good: We care about our communities, our stakeholders, and each other. We act with integrity & honesty, as a positive force for Illinois.
- Be Accountable: We drive results. And we continually strive to get those results more efficiently and effectively.
- Stay Connected: Being open, honest, and collaborative is what makes us, us. This is embodied in our messaging and communications and in how we treat each other.
- Keep Improving: We’re hungry to be better. We innovate and evolve our business, our teams, and ourselves, always with an eye on professional and personal growth.
- Spark Enthusiasm: We incorporate energy and laughter into every aspect of our work to create positive and entertaining experiences.
Moreover, we pledge to have the highest standards of respect, diversity and inclusion at our company and support and encourage our partners to do the same.
Camelot Illinois is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.