The TBP Service Manager reports to the Director of Network Services, supporting corporate initiatives by bringing an understanding of enterprise-wide requirements for all telecommunications services and solutions including voice & data circuits, and wireless devices and services. First and foremost, the TBP Service Manager serves as a change and transformation agent, developing and implementing strategies to consolidate, expand, and optimize Telecom services provided to TWDC.
In addition providing external facing services to TWDC business units, The Telecom Business Specialist identifies and maps internal business processes, making recommendations for optimization, re-engineering and process automation.
- Map business processes, identifying opportunities for efficiency, consolidation and/or automation through process re-engineering.
- Develop, propose and implement new services strategies that effectively leverage the entire service delivery supply chain, transitioning and optimizing service delivery tasks where appropriate.
- Development of 3rd party strategy to augment/support existing telecom related business activities driving cost optimization and efficiency.
- Develops sustainable governance and operational processes in support of contractor and vendor management
- Influence vendor direction and services into alignment with TWDC business needs
- Identify automation opportunities to streamline expense management and exceptions.
- Develops sustainable operational processes to manage and optimize provisioning, billing and cost recovery
- Defining the Vendor Roadmap in order to support business goals, drive value through the vendor ecosystem and minimize exposure to potential risks.
- Manage corporate global telecommunications environment (wireline and wireless) and work with service providers by organizing, analyzing and determining operation requirements
- Collaborating with the vendors to implement or improve business processes, and participate in the quarterly performance review meetings to provide feedback and suggestions for service improvement with each vendor
- Lead and create telecommunications strategic, tactical and operational plans, lead, perform and where possible automate, complex research and data gathering analysis, develop and manage project plans and perform financial analysis.
- Provide technical and analytical support for medium to large projects
Basic Qualifications :
- Minimum of 5 years related working experience in Business Administration, Telecommunications or IT related discipline
- Minimum 10 years work experience in business transformation and/or process re-engineering and optimization
- Demonstrated knowledge of telecommunications technologies
- Advanced communication skills, particularly the ability to communicate technical information to non-technical audiences.
- Demonstrated ability to work with a wide array of technical and managerial personnel to solve complex problems.
- Strong customer service skills and orientation.
- Knowledge of film entertainment, hospitality, video distribution and broadcast.
- Strong presentation skills
- Adept at written and oral communications
- Strong requirements facilitation skills
- Ability to interface and collaborate directly with IT constituents, executives, business partners, and vendors
- Ability to think innovatively
- Self-organizing and motivated
- ITIL 3 / 4 certified
- Ten years related working experience in Business Administration, Telecommunications or IT related discipline
- Media, entertainment industry experience preferred.
- Business contract management, negotiation or law certificate from an accredited university
- PMP Certified
Required Education :
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, information systems, engineering, mathematics, business, or other related scientific, technical or business discipline desired.
Preferred Education :
- MBA with experience in business transformation, processes re-engineering, and/or finance.
Additional Information :