Technology Partnerships Director at Fastly (Remote)
Fastly helps people stay better connected with the things they love. Fastly’s edge cloud platform enables customers to create great digital experiences quickly, securely, and reliably by processing, serving, and securing our customers’ applications as close to their end-users as possible — at the edge of the Internet. The platform is designed to take advantage of the modern internet, to be programmable, and to support agile software development. Fastly’s customers include many of the world’s most prominent companies, including Vimeo, Pinterest, The New York Times, and GitHub.
We're building a more trustworthy Internet. Come join us.
Technology Partnerships Director
As Technology Partnerships Director, you will be a key member of the partnerships team who will help build and scale the technology partner program as well as work with Product Management filling gaps in Fastly’s offerings (through partnerships). This position will leverage strategic and tactical skill sets to grow our ecosystem of partner integrations across Fastly’s three product pillars - edge computing, security, and content delivery. The ideal candidate will be able to quickly identify joint value propositions and assess the strategic value of potential partnerships. As part of the revenue organization, your focus will be on execution of joint go to market activities that help us meet and exceed direct and indirect revenue goals. This is a key role for someone looking to have a high impact and help shape the future of our technology partner program.
What you'll do:
- Work closely with Product Management to understand roadmaps and gaps in technology where partnerships can solve product deficiencies but still align with Fastly’s overall roadmap.
- Drive strategy for how we prioritize relationships with partners in the same vertical to maximize Fastly revenue and customer user-experience.
- Lead exploratory discussions with potential technology partners to identify areas of opportunity for integration, referral, comarketing, and co-selling
- Drive the growth of the [email protected] partner ecosystem through direct outreach and collaboration with sales and marketing
- Work closely with cross functional teams to evolve the [email protected] partner program with a focus on streamlining the partner developer experience
- Directly manage established partner relationships with a focus on partners that drive or influence revenue
- Support joint sales pursuit activities including field level account mappings, and deal closure assistance with our direct sales teams.
- Provide regular communication and evangelism promoting the success of the partnership.
- Lead regular business performance / relationship reviews with senior management.
- Build and maintain activity and performance reports and Salesforce dashboards.
What we're looking for:
- Bachelor’s degree and/or a minimum of 15+ years of successful BD or equivalent experience in the enterprise software field
- Experience in the CDN, security, networking, and/or serverless compute space preferred
- Experience and proven track record designing and executing partner program strategies for technology partnerships
- Proven track record of exceeding revenue objectives.
- Adept at moving quickly between low-level execution and high-level strategic thinking and organization.
- Superior relationship building skills across internal and partner stakeholders including product management, marketing, legal, and finance
- Excellent executive communication and presentation skills.
- High business acumen with a sales, marketing, and solution development mindset.
- Ability to develop advanced business planning for targeted prospective accounts including; strategy, sophisticated market analysis, customer insights, and execution.
- Experience working with ISV, MSP, and reseller partners to strengthen the partner ecosystem
- Experience working with global teams
In accordance with applicable law, Fastly’s minimum base pay for this role if hired in Colorado is $207,000,000 per year, which includes an annual base salary of $155,250,000 and the ability to earn $51,750 in commission target compensation. Additionally, this role is eligible to participate in Fastly's equity plan. Final offer amount will be at the company’s sole discretion and determined by multiple factors, including years and depth of experience and expertise, location and other business considerations. Note that this role is available to candidates outside of Colorado and different minimum compensation may apply.
Fastly is proud to deliver a strong total rewards program to our employees. This role is eligible to participate in the following benefits:
- Health benefits (medical, dental, and vision)
- Medical: Cigna or Kaiser available
- Retirement benefits and employer match
- Life Insurance (Basic and Voluntary Life)
- Short & Long Term Disability with a buy-up LTD option
- Voluntary Accident & Critical Illness benefits
- Flex Spending Accounts & Mass Transit benefits
- Open Vacation Policy
- Sick Time
- Generous leave benefits (medical, maternity, paternity, and personal)
- Paid wellness days
- Employee Assistance Program
- Learning & reimbursement program stipend
- Mobile and internet allowance
- Wellness stipend
- Pet insurance
Fastly reserves the right to amend or modify for any reasons in accordance with applicable law.
We have a huge impact. Fastly is a small company with a big reach. Not only do our customers have a tremendous user base, but we also support a growing number of open source projects and initiatives. Outside of code, employees are encouraged to share causes close to their heart with others so we can help lend a supportive hand.
We love distributed teams. Fastly’s home-base is in San Francisco, but we have multiple offices and employees sprinkled around the globe. In fact, 50% of our employees work outside of SF! An international remote culture is in our DNA.
We care about you. Fastly works hard to create a positive environment for our employees, and we think your life outside of work is important too. We support our teams with great benefits like up to 20 weeks of paid parental leave, options for free medical/dental/vision plans, and an open vacation program that enables our folks to take the time they need to recharge (some benefits may vary by location).
We value diversity. Growing and maintaining our inclusive and diverse team matters to us. We are committed to being a company where our employees feel comfortable bringing their authentic selves to work and have the ability to be successful -- every day.
We are passionate. Fastly is chock full of passionate people and we’re not ‘one size fits all’. Fastly employs authors, pilots, skiers, parents (of humans and animals), makeup geeks, coffee connoisseurs, and more. We love employees for who they are and what they are passionate about.
We’re always looking for humble, sharp, and creative folks to join the Fastly team. If you think you might be a fit, please apply!
Fastly is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunity and to providing employees with a safe and welcoming work environment free of discrimination and harassment.
Employment decisions at Fastly are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, family or parental status, disability*, age, veteran status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Fastly encourages applicants from all backgrounds.
*Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done which will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing undue hardship on Fastly. Please inform us if you need assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process.