Type Of Hire :
Experienced (relevant combo of work and education)
Education Desired :
Bachelor of Computer Science
Travel Percentage :
25 - 50%
Do you want to be part of a team that advances the way the world pays, banks and invests? Are you curious, motivated, and forward-thinking? At FIS you'll have the opportunity to work on some of the most challenging and relevant issues within financial services and technology. Our talented people empower us, and we believe in being part of a team that is open, collaborative, entrepreneurial, passionate and above all fun.
About the Team:
As a Technology Business Consultant on the NextGen implementations team, you will be developing and delivering solutions to meet the unique needs of FIS customers. You will work in a consultative environment, analyzing and implementing solutions designed to propel FIS clients into the forefront of the financial industry. You will work with Modern Banking Platform (MBP), a real-time core banking platform with a next generation architecture that is cloud ready. The MBP solution provides a multitude of configurable features designed to meet the unique business needs of retail and commercial institutions as well as digital and branch banking. You will be integral through all project phases from discovery & requirements gathering through to postproduction support.
What You Will Be Doing:
- Gather and document clear and accurate business and functional requirements by leading or participating in interactive sessions and workshops with clients.
- Expertly research and document client needs related to system design, construction, and implementation.
- Define specifications and data models for product development and testing.
- Identify and document potential through business cases and user stories.
- Translate business requirements into MBP configuration.
- Lead and direct critical project deliverables including the configuration of the MBP system, with focus on loan & deposit account events (i.e., interest accrual, interest posting, account maturity, loan billing, transaction processing) and in some cases managing system and back-office processing (i.e., End of day processing, system balancing, exception reconciliation).
- Work effectively with other team members including the leads as well as project/program management.
- Understand and support project direction and priorities.
- Analyze impacts to other systems and procedures.
- Build strong knowledge of MBP, banking and accounting to assist and guide client in streamlining processes and procedures.
- Schedule and facilitate client meetings (including preparing minutes and capturing action items with summarized status reports).
- Assist Project Manager with risks, issues, and scope as well as help to manage & set client expectations.
- Adhere to project plans, ensuring that deliverables are completed on time or alternatively, communicating those tasks that cannot be completed with detailed explanation and mitigation strategy.
- Coordinate and test software releases.
- Research, test and submit system defects reported by the implementation team or client.
- Write and execute test plans to ensure application integrity and requirements are aligned.
- Support various testing phases such as system integration, user acceptance, implementation readiness and functional verification.
- Communicate effectively at multiple levels within FIS organization as well as the client.
- Analyze marketplace, industry, company, technology trends and best practices, vendor products and services, etc.
- Devise and/or modify processes and procedures to achieve greater efficiencies and to solve complex problems.
- Work efficiently with clients, both in-house and outsourced.
- Serve as liaison between client, internal teams, ancillaries and consultants to provide support throughout the project.
- Act as Subject Matter Expert on assigned application(s).
- Ability to provide remote support as well as travel to client site.
- Assist in training employees and clients on new and existing functionality.
- Provide coaching and mentoring to less experienced team members.
- Actively participate in presentations and large group discussions.
What You Bring:
- Bachelor's degree in business or related field preferred. Equivalent work experience will be considered.
- Minimum of 2+ years' experience in the banking and financial services industry
- Experience working with system integrator or core banking application.
- Knowledge of financial products, services, and technologies.
- Self-motivated with the ability to work independently or part of a team.
- Experience working with relational databases and SQL queries preferred.
- Ability to demonstrate a high level of attention to quality, detail, correctness, and deadlines.
- Knowledge of end-to-end systems development life cycles, i.e., waterfall, agile, iterative, and other modern approaches to software development and conversion methodologies.
- Ability to prioritize and organize multiple tasks while meeting deadlines.
- Excellent customer service skills that build high levels of satisfaction for both internal and external clients.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Analytical, decision making, problem-solving, interpersonal, team and time management skills.
- Detail oriented while with the ability to view the broader, larger scope of projects and clients' business requirements.
- Able to work in a fast paced, rapidly changing environment.
What We Offer You:
At FIS, we are as committed to growing our employees' careers as our own business. We offer:
- Opportunities to innovate in fintech
- Inclusive and diverse team atmosphere
- Professional and personal development
- Resources to contribute to your community
- Competitive Salary and Benefits
Notice to all US applicants: All employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Individuals with a disability (including a medical condition) or sincerely held religious beliefs or practices that prevent them from getting the vaccine may request an exemption from the vaccine requirement.
FIS is committed to protecting the privacy and security of all personal information that we process in order to provide services to our clients. For specific information on how FIS protects personal information online, please see the Online Privacy Notice .
FIS is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here supplement document available here
For positions located in the US, the following conditions apply. If you are made a conditional offer of employment, you will be required to undergo a drug test. ADA Disclaimer: In developing this job description care was taken to include all competencies needed to successfully perform in this position. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
Recruitment at FIS works primarily on a direct sourcing model; a relatively small portion of our hiring is through recruitment agencies. FIS does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies which are not on the preferred supplier list and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, our employees, or any other part of our company.