Technology Advisor at Sumo Logic (Remote)
The Technology Advisor will be responsible for providing consultative guidance to our most strategic customers to ensure successful adoption and expansion of the Sumo Logic product suite. By developing and maintaining a high level of customer engagement, the TA will partner with Account Management and the Customer to foster long-term strategic relationships to ensure every customer realizes full value from their investment with Sumo Logic.
With deep multi-domain expertise and an understanding of customer challenges and DevSecOps best practices, TAs leverage their business acumen, technology understanding, strategic leadership and operational capabilities to help customers develop their Security and DevOps objectives and rendering them to tactical programs based on SUMOs wide industry experience to achieve those objectives. TAs engage broadly across organizations, focusing on C-Level executives and other IT and Business leaders to ensure customers get the most out of SUMO Logic.
- Inquisitive mind and passion for learning about customers, industries and new approaches to doing things. Technology Advisors love the application of technology to solve business challenges. Some core skill generally include:
- Vision and solution-oriented problem solving.
- Understanding and interest in IT industry drivers, trends and technologies
- Driving innovation in the DevOps and Security spaces
- Translation of business initiatives and challenges into actionable roadmap and solutions
- Organizational change management and transformation, including methodologies and governance
Leadership & Influence
- Demonstrated ability to communicate, present and influence credibly and effectively at all levels of a customer's technology organization
- Motivate and inspire a multidisciplinary customer and internal Sumo Logic team to solve customer challenges without direct management responsibility
- Creatively solve problems with limited input and resources in a fast-paced, environment
- Strong teamwork, facilitation, and soft skills such as listening and empathy with the ability to:
- Balance conversations within groups
- Offer suggestions and improvements to process and work effectively with all personalities
- Drive towards building consensus
- Consultative approach, including the ability to translate customer needs into plans and drive/orchestrate outcomes
- Experience with implementing and supporting DevOps or Security systems (Splunk, DataDog, New Relic, Securnoix, etc).
- Sumo Logic product knowledge/Ability to Learn quickly and demonstrate product capabilities in response to customer opportunities and needs
- Understand and document customer process workflows
- Identify risks to the customer achieving their stated business goals and develop then assist in the execution of appropriate mitigation plans
- Co-create a personalized Customer Adoption roadmap that aligns corporate goals and what is possible, key business initiatives, KPI’s, and a practical implementation timeline
- Serve as liaison between our customers and various SUMO Logic teams to ensure that needs / requirements critical to customer success are understood and effectively communicated, including gathering customer product feedback to shape product roadmap development
- Evangelize Technology and the value that can be found from Data Analytics and SUMOs Observability and Security Products.
- Engage regularly with customers via workshops, operational and business reviews to evaluate needs and strategic direction and align with a clear roadmap
- Use storytelling to highlight customer value augmented with technical expertise by demonstration in the product
- Find, mentor, and develop process owners into SUMO Champions
- Contribute internally to the Customer Success organization by sharing technical / domain knowledge and advancing best practices and advisory skills, including but not limited to:
- Lead and contribute to internal projects and initiatives
- Serve as a Subject Matter Expert (SME) for specific domain or process area
- Contribute thought leadership and best practice
- Candidates must have a B.A. or B.S., ideally in an MIS, engineering or business-related discipline
- 5+ years Program Management, DevOps, IT Security and/or Consulting experience
- 5+ years in DevOps, Observability or security teams with a leadership role communicating with C-Level executives.
- Consultative style and ability to communicate technical concepts to people of all backgrounds and skill levels
- Ability to turn data into action to make strategic recommendations
- Proven ability to build and maintain strong relationships with a diverse set of internal and external constituencies including C-Level Leaders and Senior Level executives
- Excellent organization, program/project management, time management, and communication skills
- Ability to lead cross functional business and technical teams to provide timely issue resolution
- Strong understanding of business processes and their integration into enterprise applications
- Willingness to ‘roll up one’s sleeves’ and assist wherever needed
- Ability to travel up to 35% of the time
- Experience with cloud-based/SaaS solution offerings a plus
Sumo Logic, Inc. (NASDAQ: SUMO) empowers the people who power modern, digital business. Through its SaaS analytics platform, Sumo Logic enables customers to deliver reliable and secure cloud-native applications. The Sumo Logic Continuous Intelligence Platform™ helps practitioners and developers ensure application reliability, secure and protect against modern security threats, and gain insights into their cloud infrastructures. Customers around the world rely on Sumo Logic to get powerful real-time analytics and insights across observability and security solutions for their cloud-native applications. For more information, visit www.sumologic.com.