At Ball Aerospace, we care about the health and safety of our team members, their families and our communities. Ball Aerospace will comply with Executive Order 14042 and all team members will be required to provide proof of completed vaccination status as a condition of employment as stated within the Order, subject to approved medical or religious accommodations.
Powered by endlessly curious people with an unwavering mission focus, Ball Aerospace pioneers discoveries that enable our customers to perform beyond expectation and protect what matters most.
We create innovative space solutions, enable more accurate weather forecasts, drive insightful observations of our planet, deliver actionable data and intelligence, and ensure those who defend our freedom go forward bravely and return home safely. For more information, visit Ball Aerospace Career Site or connect with us on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter or Instagram.
The Operations Strategic Support Unit plays a fundamental role in enabling efficient business and program execution – from technologies and investments to supply chain, manufacturing and test operations, facilities management, and information technology services.
Technician II – Production
This position is intended to provide cross-functional support across the Manufacturing Process Centers in Boulder and Manufacturing Shops and Service Center work centers in Boulder. The primary assignment will be Assigned based on current experience. Cross-training and flexing to the other work centers will be a core responsibility of this position.
What You’ll Do:
- Support other Manufacturing Shops and Service Centers, including but not limited to:
- Critical Clean:
- Precision cleaning of hardware, assemblies and subassemblies. Stringent post cleaning verification testing is required.
- Ability to Read and interpret mechanical blueprints to determine Cleaning procedures
- Packaging hardware to maintain critical levels of cleanliness
- Work with solvents using personal protective equipment, gloves, and safety glasses is required.
- Prepare hardware for subsequent paint operations; these operations include, but are not limited to:
- Position requires ability to read and interpret mechanical blueprints to determine surface preparation, masking, and painting requirements.
- Surface preparation for painting operations; detailed masking; transportation of hardware between campuses; packaging hardware to maintain critical levels of cleanliness; handling of critical hardware; operation of paint equipment and ovens; and, preparation of paint for application to hardware.
- Work with solvents, acids and bases, and using personal protective equipment, gloves, and safety glasses is required.
- Perform a variety of operations on mechanical hardware, including (but not limited to):
- Working in a clean environment, using Cleanroom operating best practices
- Cleaning and lubrication of motors, gearboxes, bearings and fasteners. Disassembly, lubrication and reassembly of intricate and delicate hardware is often required.
- Grit/soda blast hardware
- Perform complex processing on bearings
- Handle, Mix and Freeze epoxies, and Solvents
- Maintain Lab cleanliness, Inventory materials and order as required
- Collect and record Process data
- Operate automated mixing, dispensing, and measuring equipment
- Monitor work area to ensure compliance with standards and specification
- Critical Clean:
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Support Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What You’ll Need:
- High School diploma or equivalent plus 4 years or more related experience or a related 2-year technical degree and 2 years or more related experience.
- Each higher-level related degree, i.e., Bachelor’s or Master’s, may substitute for two years of related experience. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- Ability to read and interpret complex engineering drawings and build documentation for aerospace hardware and use electronic engineering and production databases. Must be able to organize and document various data inputs.
- Ability to pass in-house certifications including personal protective equipment, hazardous waste, hazard communication, crane, and cleanroom practices.
- Ability to work in a team environment with engineers, assemblers, technicians, customers and auditors.
- Ability to use Microsoft Windows operating system, including Excel, Outlook and Word.
- Strong attention to detail and compliance to industry, environmental, health and safety standards.
- Position requires ability to perform work area maintenance activities including area organization, chemical handling and chemical replenishment.
- Previous experience working on delicate or critical hardware and in cleanrooms or clean benches is preferred.
- Ball Aerospace is a drug-free workplace, which is imperative to the health and safety of all employees and is required as a condition of receiving contracts from federal agencies. Please remember that regardless of the legalization of marijuana in Colorado and other states, possession and use continues to be illegal under the federal Controlled Substances Act. This includes the use of some CBD products. A post-offer, pre-employment drug test is a condition of employment.
- Work is performed in an office environment, laboratory, cleanroom, or production floor.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
Relocation for this position is not available.
Compensation & Benefits:
- HIRING SALARY RANGE: $20.19 - $27.16 per hour (Salary to be determined by the education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities of the applicant, internal equity, and alignment with market data.)
- This position includes a competitive benefits package. For details, copy and paste https://bit.ly/3pNSnxv into your browser or visit our careers site.
US CITIZENSHIP IS REQUIRED
Ball Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.