Technician I - Vibration at Ball Aerospace
Powered by endlessly curious people with an unwavering mission focus, Ball Aerospace pioneers discoveries that enable our customers to perform beyond expectation and protect what matters most.
We create innovative space solutions, enable more accurate weather forecasts, drive insightful observations of our planet, deliver actionable data and intelligence, and ensure those who defend our freedom go forward bravely and return home safely. For more information, visit Ball Aerospace Career Site or connect with us on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter or Instagram.
The Operations Strategic Support Unit plays a fundamental role in enabling efficient business and program execution – from technologies and investments to supply chain, manufacturing and test operations, facilities management, and information technology services.
Technician I – Vibration
The Technician I – Vibration Test will be responsible to perform test operations and monitoring of dynamic vibration test equipment used to support engineering development and production of aerospace flight hardware. Tasks may require practical knowledge in the testing of a wide variety of company products and systems. Tasks may include operating, maintaining and monitoring of complex vibration and shock test equipment.
What You’ll Do:
- Prepare and maintain required test logs, records, and reports in accordance with BATC policies and government regulations.
- Work with internal and external customers and will be responsible for testing state of the art aerospace products, understanding test requirements, facility capabilities, equipment capabilities and fundamentals of vibration test operations.
- Work with a team of Test Engineers, Structural Engineers, Manufacturing Engineers, Hardware Quality Engineers, Inspectors, and Technicians.
- Will be required to apply computer skills to access & input data via computer interface, automated equipment or test equipment.
- Maintain electronic build records, required data logs, records, and reports in accordance with BATC policies and procedures, and government regulations.
- Review and accurately interpret drawings, specifications, and procedures for completeness and compliance requirements.
- Demonstrate effective communication and regular interaction with higher level management, customers, and coworkers.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Support Units, and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What You’ll Need:
- High School diploma or equivalent plus 2 or more years of related experience or a related 2-year technical degree.
- Each higher-level related degree, i.e., Bachelor’s or Master’s, may substitute for two years of related experience. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- Knowledge of data acquisition systems and vibration control systems preferred; must have willingness to learn.
- Workable knowledge of MS Office.
- Basic Mechanical, Electrical and/or Aerospace knowledge is required.
- Ability to understand and operate shock and vibration testing equipment.
- Ability to apply basic computer skills to input and access data via computer interface.
- Capable of performing simple mathematical calculations.
- Ability to read, comprehend and execute technical process specifications, procedures and standards.
- Able to lift 50 pounds and work with heavy equipment, tooling and fixtures.
- Will be required to get company certifications to operate a forklift, overhead crane, ESD, fall protection, cleanroom, LOTO, FOD.
- Work is performed in an office environment, laboratory, clean room, or production floor.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
Relocation for this position is available.
Compensation & Benefits:
- HIRING SALARY RANGE: $18.51 - $24.52 per hour (Salary to be determined by the education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities of the applicant, internal equity, and alignment with market data.)
- This position includes a competitive benefits package. For details, copy and paste https://bit.ly/3pNSnxv into your browser or visit our careers site.
US CITIZENSHIP IS REQUIRED
Ball Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.