Technician I - Environmental Stress Screening at Ball Aerospace
Powered by endlessly curious people with an unwavering mission focus, Ball Aerospace pioneers discoveries that enable our customers to perform beyond expectation and protect what matters most.
We create innovative space solutions, enable more accurate weather forecasts, drive insightful observations of our planet, deliver actionable data and intelligence, and ensure those who defend our freedom go forward bravely and return home safely. For more information, visit Ball Aerospace Career Site or connect with us on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter or Instagram.
The Operations Strategic Support Unit plays a fundamental role in enabling efficient business and program execution – from technologies and investments to supply chain, manufacturing and test operations, facilities management, and information technology services.
Technician I – Environmental Stress Screening
At the Ball Aerospace Manufacturing Center (AMC) location in Westminster, CO, we develop and manufacture state of the art tactical technologies including stealth antennas, electronic warfare platforms, and multispectral imaging systems. Technological developments are driving rapid expansion of our manufacturing capabilities to support customer demands. If you’d like to join our growing manufacturing operations team in a mission to help the warfighter, this could be an ideal role for you!
You will get to work with state-of-the-art military, space, and tactical equipment. The role is hands-on, technically challenging, and allows you to contribute to impactful projects with exciting missions. Working alongside highly skilled people including engineers and technicians where there is space to learn and grow. This position will support the Westminster Environmental Stress Screening work center performing thermal and vibration testing.
What You’ll Do:
- Work in the ESS lab running vibration and thermal test profiles per customer requirements.
- Process hardware including prototypes and rate manufacturing units.
- Conduct tests; monitor, analyze, reduce, and record data. Perform mathematical calculations.
- Maintain electronic build records, required data logs, records, and reports in accordance with BATC policies and procedures, and government regulations.
- Demonstrate effective, professional communication and regular interaction with co-workers, management, customers, and internal / external auditors.
- Be an engaged team member helping to improve operations by offering suggestions.
- Be open and receptive to feedback.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Support Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What You’ll Need:
- High School diploma or equivalent plus 2 years or more related experience or a related 2-year technical degree.
- Each higher-level related degree, i.e., Bachelor’s or Master’s, may substitute for two years of related experience. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- Strong computer skills (word docs, spreadsheets, file management, etc.).
- Willingness and ability to obtain a security clearance is required.
- Good mechanical aptitude, with solid dexterity and hand/eye coordination to work with hand tools.
- Must be a self-starter, ambitious, and a conscientious individual with a very high attention to detail.
- Must be willing to work overtime when needed, this may include weekday mornings, evenings and/or weekends.
- Must enjoy working in a process-controlled environment. Capable of executing to technical process specifications, procedures, and standards.
- General understanding of calibrated equipment is preferred.
- Work is performed in an office environment, laboratory, cleanroom, or production floor.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
A current DoD clearance and/or SCI access with Polygraph is not required to be eligible for this position, however applicant must be willing and eligible for submission within 60-90 days after an offer is accepted and must be able to maintain the applicable clearance/access. By applying to this position, you are agreeing to complete a National Security Clearance Pre-Screen Questionnaire to evaluate your general ability to obtain the required security clearance or government customer access associated with this position.
Relocation for this position is available.
Compensation & Benefits:
- HIRING SALARY RANGE: $18.51 - $24.52 per hour (Salary to be determined by the education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities of the applicant, internal equity, and alignment with market data.)
- This position includes a competitive benefits package. For details, copy and paste https://bit.ly/3pNSnxv into your browser or visit our careers site.
US CITIZENSHIP IS REQUIRED
Ball Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.