Powered by endlessly curious people with an unwavering mission focus, Ball Aerospace pioneers discoveries that enable our customers to perform beyond expectation and protect what matters most.
We create innovative space solutions, enable more accurate weather forecasts, drive insightful observations of our planet, deliver actionable data and intelligence, and ensure those who defend our freedom go forward bravely and return home safely. For more information, visit Ball Aerospace Career Site or connect with us on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter or Instagram.
The Operations Strategic Support Unit plays a fundamental role in enabling efficient business and program execution – from technologies and investments to supply chain, manufacturing and test operations, facilities management, and information technology services.
Technician Associate – Cleanroom Operations
Maintain 50,000 sq. feet of cleanrooms on both the Ball north and south campuses. Duties include keeping cleanrooms stocked with appropriate garments, inventory of expendables, performing weekly particle, lighting, humidity and temperature measurements, performing clean bench and cleanroom certifications and maintaining data on a department website. Technicians on this team will interface with programs to ensure sure they have the essential needs to execute their integration and test operations. This requires extensive customer service, outstanding communication skills, and the ability to effectively multi-task.
What You’ll Do:
- Implement Environmental Health and Safety (EHS) processes and procedures; perform monthly EHS area audits, recognize safety hazards, including hazardous materials, and pursue corrective action when necessary.
- Make continuous improvement suggestions and participate in initiatives to improve productivity and process efficiency.
- Collect and maintain process performance metrics.
- Provide internal compliance audit support for Cleanroom Operations.
- Provide cleanroom configuration support.
- Manage monthly cleanroom space allocation reports.
- Support movement of cleanroom assets.
- Provide technician support as required.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units/Strategic Support Units, and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What You’ll Need:
- High School diploma or equivalent is required.
- Each higher-level related degree, i.e., Bachelor’s or Master’s, may substitute for two years of related experience. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- General understanding of cleanrooms and cleanroom operations is a plus but not required.
- General understanding of calibrated equipment is a plus but not required.
- Existing security clearance a plus but not required.
- Successful applicant must be able to obtain a TS/SCI security clearance in the future.
- Self -starter who can work independently, and / or with minimal supervision as well a team environment.
- Understand and is functional with MS Word and Excel.
- Capable of performing simple mathematical calculations.
- With training, can operate simple measurement tools to measure light, temperature, humidity, particulates and air flow.
- Capable of executing to written work instructions.
- Solid communication skills are required.
- Capable of lifting and carrying up to 44 lbs.
- Will need to enter cleanrooms which requires wearing appropriate garments.
- Occasional flexibility with work schedule and assigned tasks.
- Will be required to get company certifications to operate a forklift, overhead crane, and a lift-a loft / scissor lift.
- Work is performed in an office, clean room, laboratory, manufacturing floor or machine shop environment.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
Relocation for this position is not available.
Compensation & Benefits:
- HIRING SALARY RANGE: $17.07 - $22.60 per hour (Salary to be determined by the education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities of the applicant, internal equity, and alignment with market data.)
- This position includes a competitive benefits package. For details, copy and paste https://bit.ly/3pNSnxv into your browser or visit our careers site.
US CITIZENSHIP IS REQUIRED
Ball Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.