Technical Support Specialist at Cayuse LLC (Remote)
The exciting world of scientific research is fueled by people with a passion for solving complex problems. At Cayuse, we are committed to our customers’ success by empowering organizations to conduct globally connected research that advances their impact on science, discovery and society. We build on that commitment with proven, integrated and easy-to-use technology that delivers exceptional value, and world class service and support that accelerates outcomes.
But we are more than just an empowering platform powered by advanced technologies. We are a collaboration of exceptional, highly skilled people with multi-disciplinary expertise, and are building our team to support our ambitious growth plans. Cayuse’s foundational strength comes from our customer and employee focused values and commitment to industry-leading solutions. It’s an exciting time to become a key member of our growing team.
100% remote role: Candidates must be located in the US
NO AGENCIES PLEASE
C2C NOT AVAILABLE
NO SPONSORSHIP AVAILABLE
The hours for this position are 8:30-5:00 pm PST.
The exciting world of scientific research is fueled by people with a passion for solving complex problems. Cayuse develops SaaS solutions that simplify the business of research administration, helping universities, and research organizations work smarter. We’re looking for inspired, talented professionals to help us with our ambitious growth plans. Cayuse has a strong backbone of customer and employee focused values that lead to a great working environment. With a strong financial foundation and several new products under development, it’s an exciting time to become a key member of our growing team.
SCOPE OF RESPONSIBILITY AND DUTIES
- Overall responsibilities include advanced troubleshooting and problem solving, as well as software upgrades and configurations for Research Suite products.
- Interact with clients to gather information and resolve support related questions
- Evaluate and resolve database-level problems
- Assist with database-level configurations
- Work with Product Support to create basic SQL queries
- Develop and maintain internal process documentation
- Diagnose and report defects to development
- Develop a solid understanding of Cayuse application architecture
- Meet SLA and customer satisfaction goals
- Continued learning on new products, features, and architecture changes
- Attend daily support stand ups
- Assist other departments as a subject matter expert
- Work on special projects as assigned by your manager
- Resolve client issues while meeting the goals set by your manager
- Complete client specific and company assigned projects
- Maintaining your personal work backlog while meeting company objectives
- Competency using and writing SQL (MSSQL and POSTGRES)
- Solid understanding of single and multi-tenant database concepts
- SQL Server management experience
- REST API
- Project management
- Communication via email and phone
- Competitive Medical Benefits (PPO + HSA available)
- Vision, Dental, Short-Term Disability fully covered by Cayuse
- Paid Time Off + Holidays + Flexible Work Schedule
- Remote Work Environment, Supporting the Ultimate Employee Experience or Commuter Stipend
- Equal Paid Parental Leave
- 401k with Employer Matching
- $30 Wellness Reimbursement
- Fun, innovative, rapidly expanding company with Industrious Spirit
Our culture is one of inclusion and belonging where everyone feels respected, treated justly, supported and nourished. We all share responsibility for creating and sustaining a work environment where differences are celebrated and we are empowered to strive for excellence. We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer and actively seek to recruit, develop, and retain a diverse and talented workforce.