Technical Support Specialist I at BCC Software (Rochester, NY)
BCC Software is the leading postal and presort software solutions provider. With 40 years of industry experience, we are dedicated to ensuring that all of our software products and marketing solutions are always ahead of the curve and compliant with the latest USPS® regulationsJob Description
The Technical Support Specialist I is responsible for daily support functions, including accurately troubleshooting software and hardware issues and providing consulting to customers based on industry standards.
- Consistently demonstrates integrity and high work standards reinforcing the BCC Software mission statement “How Can I Help?”.
- Serves as the first line of contact and support for BCC Software’s customers in a telephone support environment.
- Develops and maintains knowledge of BCC Software’s Windows and Linux products. Attends training as required to keep current with products, technologies, and customer service-related skills.
- Assists customers with questions, problems, or technical issues with the company’s software products.
- Consults with customers regarding postal requirements and industry products.
- Troubleshoots customer software and hardware issues, recommends resolution strategies, ensures follow-up and optimal satisfaction with BCC Software’s products and services.
- Maintains documentation of all support related information in BCC Software’s CRM software following department requirements.
- Works in a team environment and provide intra-departmental communication to complete customers’ support requests and to enhance BCC’s products and services.
- Serves as a customer advocate to manage customer retention through building and maintaining positive customer relationships.
- Monitors and responds to User Forum Posts.
- Gathers information from customers to understand the needs of the customer and match those needs to a service, product or offering that adds value to the customers’ business operations.
- Provides flexibility to adequately support workload demands in order to maintain optimal customer support levels.
- Assists with adding product change requests for defects and enhancements.
- Documents processes in BCC Software’s knowledgebase, as well as review and help maintain user documentation.
- Associate degree or equivalent education in a technical discipline is preferred but not required provided the candidate has demonstrated a track record of success.
- Professional or industry training in customer service (in mailing or printing industry) and telephone skills is preferred.
- Must be able to effectively and clearly communicate with customers and internal staff in both written and verbal communication in a call center environment.
- Must maintain courteous and professional demeanor to provide excellent customer service.
- Must be self-motivated and be able to work effectively with minimal supervision and have the ability to take a problem through resolution and beyond.
- Must demonstrate patience, good judgment, high energy and a general positive demeanor.
- Must be willing to work on a rotating schedule between the hours of 8:00 AM and 6:00 PM, M-F.
- Solid experience with all Windows operating systems. Preferred to have some Linux and/or Unix experience and experience with Microsoft Office, database management software, networks, and various printers.
Benefits: We offer a hybrid work schedule, 401(k) match, excellent comprehensive benefits package, Employee Assistance Program, and an Employee Discount Program.
BCC Software provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of age, race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions), gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression (including transgender status), national origin, veteran or military status, marital status, genetic information, physical or mental disability, familial status, reproductive health decisions, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other basis protected by applicable laws and regulations. Further, the company takes affirmative action to ensure that applicants are employed, and employees are treated during employment without regard to any of these characteristics. Discrimination of any type will not be tolerated.