Technical Support Lead at Cendyn (Remote)
The Technical Support Lead is part of the Cendyn Global Customer Support team and reports to the Associate Director of Global Support. The Global Customer Support team provides support for Cendyn products internationally. The Technical Support Lead will bring advanced diagnostic and solution skills to the Customer Support team and will assist in high-complexity support functions. The Technical Support Lead ensures availability and uptime by providing technical, non-technical and functional assistance, training, and ongoing support to high value clients for a variety of web-based products and applications that cater primarily to the hospitality industry.
As a senior member of the Global Customer Support Team, this position will lead a core team of Support Team members.
This position is crucial to high customer satisfaction among Cendyn clients. The Lead works with Operations, R&D, Product, Sales, and other Operations teams to contribute support and deployment expertise.
Our Support structure has a strong reliance on training and knowledge sharing. As Technical Support Lead, it will be incredibly important for you to mentor the Support Team members to improve our customer responses and work towards more one touch tickets.
- Handle complex service delivery issues with Cendyn-specific software solutions.
- Troubleshoot application issues, providing operational support for nightly processing of Cendyn applications.
- Execute on complex incremental customer requests to assure customer satisfaction and deliver new revenue.
- Provide efficient client support and technical assistance via email, online chat, and telephone.
- Identify solutions for technical challenges.
- Complete delivery tasks and projects for both external and internal customers.
- Support customers with business and/or technical questions.
- Test and troubleshoot Cendyn products and integrations.
- Research and solve data- and software-related problems
- Develop and maintain strong SQL query and process analysis skills.
- Ensure the consistency and stability of Cendyn applications by maintaining standards / procedures for operating technical solutions.
- Represent Customer Support and Operations functions at customer review meetings as needed.
- Distill complex topics into key talking points and then communicate them to clients and co-workers in a simple and coherent manner using a consultative approach.
- Communicate with customers, vendors, and other external contacts as needed to assure customer success.
- Mentor Support team members to increase knowledge and understanding to drive more one-touch tickets and improve the quality of solutions.
- Liaise among internal and external customers as well as third-party partners in the areas of application design, modifications, and troubleshooting, with focus on smooth and robust operations.
- Work closely with escalation resources in other Cendyn teams, addressing issues directly or engaging additional assistance when needed.
- Serve as a subject matter expert in the relevant product domains.
- Contribute to process and product design and documentation.
- Analyze complex business needs as presented by both internal and external customers and recommend delivery methods to satisfy the needs.
- Conduct root cause analysis and provide actionable solutions to reported incidents combining data analytics, business acumen, technical expertise, product features and sound judgement.
- People management responsibilities including recruitment, onboarding, performance management and coaching/mentoring team members
- Demonstrate the willingness to push your team to continually provide exceptional service and strategy.
- Contribute to peer-to-peer training with other team members related to application and operational topics.
- Participate in interviews for new hires, consultants and / or replacement personnel.
- A general knowledge of the hospitality industry.
- Use Zendesk and other CRM products to communicate and track customer interactions.
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field, OR some college plus related experience.
- Minimum of three (3) years of experience within software development or IT.
- Technical proficiency in Microsoft Windows operating system, web services, file management, Remote Desktop.
- User proficiency in Microsoft SQL Server, SQL query, data importing / exporting / manipulation.
- Technical capabilities with hands-on experience in development, coding, or database work (Python, .NET, ASP.NET, and VB.net).
- A+ Certification.
- Technical capability to represent operational needs and capabilities to other areas including Operations, Product Management, R&D, Sales, Marketing.
- Keyboarding speed of 40-60 WPM.
Preferred Education and Experience:
- Hands-on experience with customer service software (Zendesk preferred, Salesforce, etc.)
- Previous hospitality industry experience a plus.
- Business Management Skills - Strong leadership skills (listening, communications, coaching,), ability to manage in a matrix organization, ability to implement and manage change.
- Planning and Organizational Skills –Excellent organizational, planning, and proven ability to manage multiple priorities.
- Decision Making – Excellent decision making and problem-solving skills.
- Office Tools – Strong technical aptitude and skilled in MS Windows-based office tools including SharePoint, database software and desktop applications.
- Empowerment, Coaching and Teambuilding – Ability to provide guidance and coaching while empowering staff to perform their roles. Create and maintain sense of teamwork to ensure accountability, cooperation, and collaboration towards a common goal.
- Analytical and Conceptual Thinking – Ability to interpret and analyze data and technical processes, identify problems and potential solutions, and formulate recommendations.
- Innovation – Ability to think creatively to accomplish continuous improvement and evolution of the department.
- Communication – Excellent communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills that apply to both internal and external customers.
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills to work effectively in a team environment and maintain a professional and positive manner.
This job operates in home and office environments. Working in a home environment requires the ability to focus on work-related tasks and maintain discipline and productivity without direct oversight. Working in an office environment requires a high degree of discipline and the ability to work with others in a moderately noisy open office environment with centrally controlled heat/AC setting.
Cendyn is currently working on becoming compliant with new regulations in Colorado. Until we are able to do so, this role cannot be performed in Colorado.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus. This position requires the ability to occasionally lift office products and supplies, up to 20 pounds.
This is a full-time position.
This position requires up to 10% travel. Frequently, travel is outside the local area and overnight.
Cendyn provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Cendyn complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Cendyn expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Cendyn’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.