We are on a mission to empower innovators to access the global employment ecosystem and connect the world's employers under a single API. To do this, we're looking for individuals who think about problems holistically and in-depth, who are relentlessly curious, self-starters, and determined to drive ideas from inception through to completion.
Finch is a Series A Y Combinator company and backed by a fantastic set of firms, angels, and our developers including General Catalyst, Menlo Ventures, Homebrew, BoxGroup, YCombinator, Charley (1st business hire at Plaid), Sima (ex-Head of Biz Dev at Plaid), Henrique + Pedro (co-CEOs at Brex), Jeff + Wayne (co-CEOs at Digits), Immad (CEO at Mercury), Sam (CEO at Vouch Insurance), Karim (CTO at Ramp), and more.
About Our Team
We're a team of problem solvers who aren’t afraid to challenge assumptions. We value velocity, curiosity, empathy, and diverse perspectives. Everyone on the team is excited about the scope of the problems we address and the potential impact our work can have on the global workforce. We realize that the value we provide comes with great responsibilities, and therefore make security and privacy our highest priorities.
We come from a diverse set of backgrounds and each member brings different skills to the group. You're encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match the job description. Your skills and potential will stand out—and set you apart—especially if your career has taken some extraordinary twists and turns.
About The Role
As one of our first Technical Customer Support Engineers, you’ll play a key role in building Finch's relationship with our developers. You'll leverage your exceptional interpersonal and technical skills to investigate and address mission-critical issues coming from the development community. We are committed to continuous improvement and innovation, so you’ll be encouraged to get creative as you solve complex problems.
What You Will Do
- Spearhead the definition of “technical customer support” at Finch
- Thoroughly investigate and own issues by identifying the root cause, identifying symptoms, and quantifying its scope and severity
- Manage technical and product issues and escalations to deliver a high level of developer satisfaction with Finch
- Write code samples, tutorials, and technical articles for the developer community
- Build cross-functional relationships with product, engineering, sales, and developer success to refine Finch’s value proposition in the developer community
- Become an authority on Finch’s API, products, and integrations to encourage developers to use our products more widely
Who You Are
- 2+ years of development or technical support experience, optimally supporting technical customers (e.g., developers)
- Experience troubleshooting and debugging technical issues
- Working knowledge of using ticketing platforms (Halp/Zendesk) and other development tools such as Retool, VS Code, Github, etc
- Experience scripting (or writing) in modern programming languages
- Familiarity with APIs, modern web services, and SDKs
Nice to Haves
- Previous start-up experience
- Experience working at an API company or on an external-facing API team.
- An itch to start a company in the future. We will invest in you!
- Unlimited vacation policy (with mandatory minimums)
- Paid lunches
- Wellness stipend
- Book and education budget
Finch is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations, and ordinances.