Technical Support Engineer at Finch (Remote)
Sorry, this job was removed at 2:44 a.m. (CST) on Wednesday, May 10, 2023
By clicking Apply Now you agree to share your profile information with the hiring company.
We are on a mission to empower innovators to access the global employment ecosystem and connect the world's employers under a single API. To do this, we're looking for individuals who think about problems holistically and in-depth, who are relentlessly curious, self-starters, and determined to drive ideas from inception through to completion.
Finch is a Series B company backed by a fantastic set of firms, angels, and our developers including General Catalyst, Menlo Ventures, Homebrew, BoxGroup, YCombinator, Charley (1st business hire at Plaid), Sima (ex-Head of Biz Dev at Plaid), Henrique + Pedro (co-CEOs at Brex), Jeff + Wayne (co-CEOs at Digits), Immad (CEO at Mercury), Sam (CEO at Vouch Insurance), Karim (CTO at Ramp), and more.
About Our Team
We're a team of problem solvers who aren’t afraid to challenge assumptions. We value velocity, curiosity, empathy, and diverse perspectives. Everyone on the team is excited about the scope of the problems we address and the potential impact our work can have on the global workforce. We realize that the value we provide comes with great responsibilities, and therefore make security and privacy our highest priorities.
We come from a diverse set of backgrounds and each member brings different skills to the group. You're encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match the job description. Your skills and potential will stand out—and set you apart—especially if your career has taken some extraordinary twists and turns.
Our Technical Support Engineers (TSE) are essential to enhancing customer experience at Finch. TSEs are expert Finch users, offering meaningful technical solutions for anyone that has a question or challenge. Outside of managing inbound tickets, TSEs are focused on scaling knowledge of the Finch ecosystem to any current or prospective Finch customer. Acting on creative ideas, we strive to proactively surface the right information to the right user at the right time. In the TSE role, you’ll primarily partner with our Developer Success, Engineering, and Product teams to deliver the optimum service for our customers.
The Problems You’ll Solve
- Guide customers through advanced technical troubleshooting with our API or platform
- Collaborate with engineering and product teams to identify root cause, surface severity, scope solutions, and resolve technical issues
- Contribute to our culture of scaling technical documentation and resources
- Enhance testing best practices
- Help improve self-resolution rates: how can customers use Finch’s products, improve integrations, navigate our documentation and
- Make Finch better through continuous improvements to our products, processes, workflows, improved practices and more
- Develop subject matter expertise to ensure Finch is up-to-date with the latest developments in the employment data API space
The Experience You’ll Need
- Strong problem-solving skills and the ability to troubleshoot technical API issues
- Excellent communication skills and the parallel ability to explain complex technical concepts to non-technical stakeholders, while diagnosing technical issues with
- Experience working with APIs and back end technologies
- Experience working with NodeJS, PostgreSQL, Redis, and with AWS cloud services
- Knowledgeable with various API authentication and authorization methods; preferably OAuth
The Great, But Not Required, Experience
- System design skills and experience working with distributed systems
- Experience using Git in a professional environment
- Proven proficiency in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related development field
- Unlimited vacation policy (with mandatory minimums)
- Paid lunches
- Wellness stipend
- Book and education budget
Finch is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations, and ordinances.
Read Full Job Description