Technical Support Engineer at Teleport (Remote)
Sorry, this job was removed at 7:33 p.m. (CST) on Wednesday, May 18, 2022
Teleport is an open core remote-first company headquartered in the San Francisco Bay Area, California. Our mission is to empower engineers to securely access any computing resource anywhere in the world.
Modern computing environments are growing bigger and more complex. This complexity increases the attack surface area and slows developers down. Our Access Plane technology empowers engineers and security professionals to easily access servers, Kubernetes, databases and web applications across all environments.
Backed by Y-Combinator, S28 Capital, and Kleiner Perkins, we have raised over $60MM and are growing quickly. Our customers include leading technology companies such as Nasdaq, Snowflake Square, Gitlab, IBM, and others.
Our commitment to the world is to combine an amazing developer experience with best-in-class security in everything we make. We value solving hard problems for our customers and making our lives interesting while doing it.
As a member of the growing Customer Success team, a Technical Support Engineer is responsible for providing technical assistance to customers who are implementing, operating, and maintaining our software solutions, on-prem or in the cloud. This is a full-time US-based remote position reporting to our Head of Customer Success located in Austin, TX. This position requires participation in an on-call emergency escalation rotation.
A Technical Support Engineer is a member of our Customer Success team, who is focused on providing technical support assistance for customers who have purchased our software product, Teleport. Teleport is a distributed networking and security system supporting SSH and Kubernetes. You will work directly with our customers to provide guidance and planning during on-boarding, triage and debugging of technical issues, develop and maintain customer training programs, and assist the product team by capturing product feedback. Day to day, you will lead and participate in customer support interactions via ticket, chat, and video. As our company grows, and we launch new offerings, the requirements of this position may shift. You should be comfortable with change and have interest in continually learning and advancing your skill set.
- 4+ years experience in customer facing software support, software services, or system administration roles
- Hands on experience with one of the major public cloud providers; AWS, GCP, Azure. Certifications are a plus!
- Demonstrable experience with the following security principles and technologies: SSH, PKI, 2FA, SSO (SAML, OIDC), RBAC
- Strong Linux server administration skills
- Foundational understanding of Kubernetes
- Exceptional software troubleshooting, testing, and debugging skills
- Outstanding soft skills, excellent verbal and written communication skills
What you'll be doing
- Provide remote Technical Support to Teleport customers and partners
- Take ownership of customer issues and see problems through to resolution
- Independently diagnose and resolve problems in the Teleport product, as well as in the customer environment (e.g Dockers, Kubernetes, AWS, Azure, GCP)
- Author knowledge-base articles for customers and internal consumption, detailing the symptoms, cause, workaround and solutions of common and/or known issues.
- Work with Teleport Deveops team to recreate customer issues in the lab
- Develop and enhance tools for analyzing logs, stats and performance data collected within Teleport
- Contribute to the effective and efficient handling of all levels of technical support cases from basic user questions to issues requiring more in-depth technical and problem-solving skills
- Design, define and document support processes, training and knowledge-base articles for customer and internal consumption.
- Provide prompt and accurate feedback to customers.
- Ensure proper recording and closure of all issues
- Able to efficiently and effectively communicate with Customer and our internal Devops team in order to rearchitecture complex customer environments.
- Meeting or exceed defined KPIs
- Participate in on-call
We offer competitive compensation, equity, and benefits, platinum-level healthcare insurance, 401k matching, and a great place to work.
Teleport is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any classifications protected by federal, state, or local law.
More Information on Teleport
Teleport operates in the Software industry. The company is located in Oakland, CA and Seattle, WA. Teleport was founded in 2015. It has 74 total employees. It offers perks and benefits such as Health Insurance Benefits, Remote Work Program, Paid Sick Days. To see all 17 open jobs at Teleport, click here.
Read Full Job Description