Founded in 2018 by a group of engineers from Stanford, Cisco Meraki, and Samsara, Spot AI was created to deliver on the mission of visually indexing the physical world and empowering people at work with video. Now we’re a group of almost 100 (and counting!) Spotans who support hundreds of customers like Cheeseman, Mixt and Northland Cold Storage, and thousands of daily users.
In 2021, Spot AI scaled bookings 10x and is continuing to grow aggressively. Backed by Redpoint, Bessemer, and Village Global, we are financially stable and well-positioned to disrupt the $30b video surveillance market and lead the $100b Video Intelligence movement. Please explore further at Spot.ai.Who You Are:
You are a problem solver. You work closely with customers and collaborate with Product, Engineering, Customer Success, and other teams to resolve customer issues and shape the product and our processes.What Excites You:
Providing world-class customer service for an innovative Video Intelligence company
Identifying, prioritizing, diagnosing, and solving technical problems for customers across the stack: network, appliance, and application layers
Collaborating closely with Product, Engineering, Customer Success and other cross-functional peers to resolve customer issues, enhance Support processes and tooling, and shape the direction of the product and the company
Building and improving on existing Support processes and internal documentation to help scale up the organization
Identifying, drafting, and editing in-depth customer facing Knowledge Base articles and other resources to help customers better use the product, solve common problems, and learn more about our technology
- 4+ years of experience in a technical support or similar high tech environment
- Customer service mindset and attention to detail
- Knowledge of IP video technologies and protocols (camera ingest, FFmpeg, video compression) and/or familiarity with Linux terminal and file system
- Knowledge of fundamental networking (A+ and network+ certified, CCNA preferred) or 2-3 years experience in mid-range or enterprise networks
- Experience supporting or testing LANs, VLANs, WLANs, VPNs, NAT traversal, and/or DHCP servers
- Basic knowledge of a query language
- Ability to break down technical problems into steps to help customers and internal teams solve these problems
- Familiarity with log analysis and debugging
- Great documentation skills and familiarity with creating and maintaining Knowledge Base articles
- Competitive compensation
- Generous early stage equity
- Medical, dental and vision plan options
- 401K with Employer Match
- Flexible and supportive time off practices, including self-managed PTO and a 14-week new parent leave policy
- Learning and Development Opportunities
- Remote work flexibility, including a stipend to setup your ideal home office
What We Value:
We operate under a trio of company values:
- Customer First, Always. We are relentlessly curious about our customer’s goals, and seek the simplest solutions to solve their problems.
- Own Your Outcomes. We bias towards action, move fast, and iterate. Everyone on our team is empowered to make decisions.
- It’s a team effort. We help each other succeed. We leverage each other’s strengths to accomplish big goals together.
And, we are creating and cultivating a diverse and inclusive culture where we celebrate individuals for what they accomplish, no matter who they are! As an equal opportunity employer, we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Come join our journey!