All roles at JumpCloud are Remote unless otherwise specified in the Job Description.
JumpCloud’s mission is to Make Work Happen®, providing simple, secure access to an organization’s technology resources from any device, or any location. The JumpCloud Open Directory Platform gives IT, security operations, and DevOps a single, cloud-based solution to control and manage employee identities and their devices, and apply conditional access controls based on Zero Trust principals. Since launching in 2012, our global user base has grown to more than 150,000 organizations, with more than 5,000 paying customers including Cars.com, GoFundMe, Grab, ClassPass, Uplight and Peloton. JumpCloud has raised over $400M from world-class investors including Sapphire Ventures, General Atlantic, Sands Capital, Atlassian, and CrowdStrike. Our teams are growing fast, too, and we're looking for talent across engineering, sales, customer success, marketing, product management, and more. Join our team of dedicated, passionate, and creative people who are eager to change the IT industry forever.
About the Role
Do you enjoy solving challenging problems using the latest technologies within a great team? Is knowing your work will be highly visible and mission critical a key component for the next step in your career? At JumpCloud, we’re looking for best-in-class talent to help define the future of modern identity and device management from the ground up.
We built a disruptive new technology called Directory-as-a-Service® and it is reinventing a two decade old monopoly, giving thousands of organizations across the globe freedom of choice with their IT solutions. We give companies the ability to remotely manage and control all of their organization’s identities, devices, & resources on a single, comprehensive, cloud-based platform. That means doing it better, faster, easier and more securely by staying on the bleeding edge of technology.
As a Technical Support Engineer- Tier 3 you will be responsible for providing world-class technical support to JumpCloud’s customers. We are looking for a highly technical self-starter that is driven to exceed customer expectations across JumpCloud’s various support channels. This position will resolve mission critical customer issues in a fast-paced environment, while serving as the face of technical and customer escalations at JumpCloud. As a Technical Support Engineer- Tier 3 you will help build our escalations process, mentor Tier 1 & 2 Engineers, apply your deep technical knowledge to resolve customer issues, and regularly interface across Support and Engineering to ensure the timely resolution of defects.
In this position, you will:
- Resolve the most complex and urgent technical and customer escalations
- Provide mentoring and coaching to Tier 1 and Tier 2 Technical Support Engineers
- Partner with Engineering to drive resolution of critical issues, outages, and defects
- Develop strong relationships with customers, including c-suite and executive stakeholders
- Proactively identify potential escalations via case review and metrics
- Create process and Tier 3 programs that directly benefit customers and align with core objectives
- Maintain a deep technical understanding of the JumpCloud Platform while serving as an SME to develop internal training
- Collaborate with Customer Success Managers and Implementation Engineers to ensure the success of our new customers as they transition into the day to day use of our product
- Research and evaluate technologies to create new knowledge base articles that capture new information for reuse throughout the organization and for end users
We're looking for:
- 6 or more years performing enterprise technical support, system administration, professional services or account management. At least 3 years in a senior technical role
- Prior experience in Customer Success or equivalent history of increasing satisfaction, adoption, and retention
- Deep technical expertise and a high aptitude in a customer-facing position
- Strong project management & planning skills
- Excellent time management & prioritization skills
- Exceptional verbal, written, organizational, presentation, and communications skills
- Strong aptitude for learning new technologies and understanding how to utilize them in a customer-facing environment
- Possesses a logical approach to problem-solving
- Willing to travel on-site to customer locations if required, when it is safe to do so
- Previous work experience as an IT Admin or SysAdmin in a technical domain, or positioning a SaaS product to those audiences, and a basic understanding of the following technologies is preferred, but not required:
- Project Management expertise and-or prior project management experience
- Administrating or supporting Medium-to-Large scale SMB environments & architecture
- Microsoft 365 and AzureAD experience required
- Active Directory expertise, MCSA/MCSE, or prior AD administrative experience required
- Experience with ADFS, GPOs, AD Device Management, AzureAD Connect, and IntuneOkta administrative experience or certification preferred
- Google Workspace administrative experience, AWS Experience & Skills desired (S3, Lambda, EC2, CloudWatch)Device Management - Windows, macOS, and Linux Operating Systems, LDAP administration, troubleshooting, and maintenance experience, Networking & Authentication (RADIUS a plus!)In-depth knowledge of Single Sign-on, SCIM, JIT, and SAML, Scripting experience, PowerShell preferred
- User onboarding and offboarding
- Software systems setup and configuration experience
- Bachelor’s degree desired
Where you’ll be working/Location:
JumpCloud is committed to being Remote First, meaning that you are able to work remotely within the country noted in the Job Description.
This role is remote in the country of Mexico. You must be located in and authorized to work in Mexico to be considered for this role.
If you thrive working in a fast, SaaS-based environment and you are passionate about solving challenging technical problems, we look forward to hearing from you! JumpCloud is an incredible place to share and grow your expertise! You’ll work with amazing talent across each department who are passionate about our mission. We’re out of the box thinkers, so your unique ideas and approaches for conceiving a product and/or feature will be welcome. You’ll have a voice in the organization as you work with a seasoned executive team, a supportive board and in a proven market that our customers are excited about.
One of JumpCloud's three core values is to “Build Connections.” To us that means creating " human connection with each other regardless of our backgrounds, orientations, geographies, religions, languages, gender, race, etc. We care deeply about the people that we work with and want to see everyone succeed." - Rajat Bhargava, CEO
Please submit your résumé and brief explanation about yourself and why you would be a good fit for JumpCloud. Please note JumpCloud is not accepting third party resumes at this time.
JumpCloud is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
Read Full Job Description