Technical Support Engineer - MFA & Devices at Okta
The ideal Zero Trust Support Engineer is an articulate and seasoned technical specialist who understands and can appreciate the challenges organizations face in implementing and integrating cloud technologies into complex IT environments across heterogeneous operating environments while still maintaining a strong security posture. You have technical depth and a customer-first mentality, the motivation to take the initiative to own and resolve customer issues, and an interest in working in a dynamic, fast-growing, learning environment.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
A Zero Trust support engineer is the primary point of contact for all support related issues for Okta’s enterprise customers. A Zero Trust Support Engineer acts as the voice of the custom to ensure technical support and best practice guidance are provided within published SLAs.
- Take end-to-end ownership of customer issues, including initial troubleshooting, identification of root cause, and issue resolution.
- Meet or exceed customer expectations on response quality, timeliness of responses, and overall customer experience.
- Provide well-thought-out and reliable direction, both in technical and non-technical terms, to help customers integrate, deploy, and maintain Okta’s suite of security products.
- Serve as an internal and external point of contact on customer matters and ensure customer issues are resolved as expediently as possible.
- Collect information and document bugs with Engineering for product issues that are impacting customers.
- Function as a subject matter expert within support for Okta’s suite of security products
- Contribute to and maintain repository of security centric knowledge within support and promote a culture of team knowledge share and collaboration within the security SME team
- Push creative thinking beyond the boundaries of existing industry-standard practices to come up with process improvements and new ways to delight customers.
- Be a customer advocate for timely resolution of the problems reported, understand the environment/network and impact on business
- 5+ years of customer support, technical support, system administration, or related customer-facing role
- BA/BS/MS in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, or related discipline, or relevant professional experience.
- Familiarity with Networking at OSI Model Layers 4-7
- Hands on experience configuring top down firewall rules
- Experience in supporting and troubleshooting multifactor mechanisms across both mobile and desktop platforms (TOTP, SMS, FIDO, U2F, WebAuthn, EMAIL, Push MFA, etc.)
- Cross-platform OS knowledge [Mac OS X, Windows (Server/Desktop), IOs and Android)
- Ability to learn new technologies quickly.
- Excellent relationship management, customer service, and communication skills in a variety of forms (written, live chat, conference calls, in-person.)
- Ability to work independently with little direct supervision and as a part of a team. Excellent analytical and organizational abilities. Ability to remain calm, composed, and articulate when dealing with tough customer situations.
- Experience documenting customer issues via Salesforce or a similar CRM ticketing system
- Experience translating customer issues into engineering centric reports via JIRA or other bug reporting systems
- Prior experience providing support to large enterprise customers preferably with customer management interaction.
- Broad knowledge of, and experience in, fundamental information security concepts.
- Excellent understanding and experience with threat vectors (e.g. DDOS, password spray), including how to identify, mitigate, and prevent.
- Knowledge of security best practices (Certificates, Zero Trust, least privileged access etc.)
- Understanding of Identity and Access Management protocols and technologies (SSO, SAML, OAuth, Radius, Federation, etc.)
- Experience supporting Mobile Devices/Apps
- Experience with setup and on-going management of Jamf OSX management
- Experience with VMWare WorkspaceOne MDM
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Okta is rethinking the traditional work environment, providing our employees with the flexibility to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, no matter where they are located. We enable a flexible approach to work, meaning for roles where it makes sense, you can work from the office, or from home, regardless of where you live. Okta invests in the best technologies and provides flexible benefits and collaborative work environments/experiences, empowering employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Find your place at Okta https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
By submitting an application, you agree to the retention of your personal data for consideration for a future position at Okta. More details about Okta’s privacy practices can be found at: https://www.okta.com/privacy-policy.