Are you ready to trade your job for a journey? Become a FlyMate!
Passion, excitement & global collaboration are all core to what it means to be a FlyMate. At Flywire, we're on a mission to transform receivables and deliver on the most mission critical payments across education, healthcare, travel and B2B. We've got a leading technology platform and a global payments networked that is unrivaled. What more do we need to truly be unstoppable? Perhaps, that is you!
Who we are:
Flywire was founded in 2011 by a former international student, who experienced firsthand all the challenges of paying for college from another country-and made it his mission to solve them.
Today, Flywire has applied our next-gen payments platform combined with our proprietary global payments network and vertical software to expand and digitize the payment experience for over 2,250 education, healthcare, travel & B2B clients world-wide, processing more than $7B annually and covering more than 240 countries and territories globally. And, we're just getting started!
With over 500 global FlyMates, representing more than 40 nationalities, and in 12 offices world-wide, we're looking for FlyMates to join the next stage of our journey as we continue to grow.
We are seeking an intelligent, hungry, and high-energy Technical Support Engineer to join our dynamic and growing company! This is a fantastic opportunity to use your computer software or engineering skills in a unique way! This individual will work onsite at our Deerfield, IL. office.
- Become proficient with our Education Product, develop domain knowledge, and resolve customer requests in a timely manner
- Have the ability to quickly and efficiently describe a complex problem
- Provide excellent customer service to our Higher Education customers while answering questions they may have
- Utilize excellent communication skills to speak with customers via the phone and email
- Research and identify the cause of various types of technical support issues and suggest product enhancements to reduce these.
- Make product configuration changes based on customers' requests
- Monitor performance attributes to ensure the product is operating within parameters
- Ability to identify and prioritize responsibilities
Here's What We're Looking For:
- BS degree or Masters in Computer Science (required)
- Proficiency in MySQL and general Unix commands (required)
- Experience with Java or C++ or experience with a Java or C++ product within a technical support engineering role (required)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Basic understanding of web applications and database design
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely with customers
- Detail orientated and able to multitask
- Previous experience in SaaS technical support is plus
- Eagerness to learn new technologies and tools
What We Offer:
- Competitive compensation, including stock options
- Flying Start - Our immersive Global Induction Program (Meet our Execs & Global Teams)
- Work with brilliant people that will keep you on your toes, learn more about their journeys
- by checking out #InsideFlywire on social media
- Dynamic & Global Team (we have been collaborating virtually for years!)
- Wellbeing Programs (Mental Health, Wellness, Yoga/Pilates/HIIT Classes) with Global FlyMates Be a meaningful part in our success - every FlyMate makes an impact
- Competitive time off including FlyBetter Days to volunteer in a cause you believe in
- WFH Stipend & Digital Disconnect Days
- Great Talent & Development Programs (Managers Taking Flight - for new or aspiring managers!)
Submit today and get started!
We are excited to get to know you! Throughout our process you can expect 4-5 rounds of interviews with different FlyMates including the Hiring Manager, Peers on the team, the VP of the department, and a homework assignment (don't worry - this is the fun part!) your Talent Acquisition Partner will walk you through the steps and be your "go-to" person for any questions.
Flywire is an equal opportunity employer. With over 40 nationalities across 12 different offices, and diversity and inclusion at the core of our people agenda, we believe our FlyMates are our greatest asset, and we're excited to watch our unique culture evolve with each new hire.