Technical Support Advisor at dscout
We are dscout. At our core, we are People Nerds. We empower our customers to meet the people who matter to them in the moments that matter most. Customer-obsessed companies and agencies like Salesforce, Sonos, Groupon, and Best Buy use dscout to build better products and services because of people like you. We are building a smart and driven team, and we would love for you to join us.
We are hiring for a Technical Support Advisor to join our growing Customer Experience & Research team. As the second Advisor to join our Support team, you will help own our technical support contact volume (emails + live chat) by leveraging your drive, organization, and creative technical problem-solving skills. You’ll also partner closely with our Support Lead to contribute to and enhance our level of service and commitment to our customers. While your typical day will always involve responding to client and scout support requests, additional tasks will include things like helping internal stakeholders and colleagues troubleshoot technical issues, being a resource to colleagues as a dscout platform expert, providing feedback and insight to Product + Engineering team members from your unique customer-facing perspective, and assisting with keeping public-facing help resources up-to-date.
What you will do (let’s call them Responsibilities)
- Own customer issues through various channels, such as live chat and email, from start to finish.
- Effectively triage and troubleshoot incoming issues to determine severity; escalate when needed to the Engineering team by submitting bug reports.
- Prioritize issues for escalation and serve as an informational liaison to various parties, providing key updates and relevant intel.
- Be a powerhouse resource internally and externally, serving as a resident product expert and maintaining exceptional knowledge of the product through development cycles.
- Chronicle new and useful knowledge by creating and updating internal documentation.
- Contribute to team goals by focusing on customer satisfaction ratings, response, and resolution times.
- Occasional special projects defined by business needs: in the past, this has included projects like developing and implementing new support resources for internal stakeholders and support data collection + analysis.
What you need to have (let’s call them Desired Skills and Background):
- 1 year of customer-facing experience is required (SaaS industry experience a plus); customer support experience preferred. Experience with support software tools (i.e. Zendesk, Intercom, FreshDesk, etc.) is a bonus.
- Technical savviness and the ability to troubleshoot app, web, or device issues remotely with creativity.
- Proactive self-starter with a willingness to ask questions and strong initiative to solve tough problems and constantly make improvements.
- Challenge-driven, goal-oriented, and capable of handling high urgency issues and requests with a level head.
- Ability to be resourceful with strong critical thinking skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Flexibility and willingness to work occasional weekends and holidays.
- Empathetic but diplomatic; capable of delivering the good news and the bad.
- A strong work ethic and ability to work independently, while remaining a team player through times of rapid growth and change.
- Driven by a desire to help people and enjoys problem solving.
We do our best to write realistic, accurate job descriptions, but we also recognize that great talent comes in many forms and from many backgrounds. Not sure if you meet all of the above bullets? Please apply anyway!
Note: As a result of COVID-19, the dscout team has decided to work remotely for the time being. However, we are now interviewing, hiring, and onboarding remotely for all open roles! While our office is temporarily open for teammates who feel comfortable coming in, no current or future employees will be required to come back into our office until (at least) September of 2021.
What will you get?
Here at dscout, we are a team of passionate research, sales, technical, marketing, design, success, and operations professionals. We are driven by the power of research—how in-context insights from real people can build products and services that are more people-centric. We value learning, sharing, and building. We deeply value being a diverse and inclusive team and company, and we are looking for team members who align with that belief. We are proud of what dscout is today and we are excited to build our future with you.
In addition to joining a smart and passionate team, you will get:
- A strong compensation package with bonus structure. Your success is tied to company success. We are all in this together.
- An incredible set of core benefits as well as a 401k with match, solid PTO policy, and generous company holidays. We are committed to supporting our team.
- Exposure to the inner workings of a growing company, including open, transparent communication within our team. You will know what is happening and why it matters.
- An education stipend. We are committed to helping build your future.
- A beautiful workspace along the Chicago Riverwalk, that is temporarily open for teammates who feel comfortable coming in and working from there. Read more about our new office space here!
dscout is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity. We do not discriminate based on identity- race, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, sex, gender identity and expression, age, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, veteran or military status, unfavorable discharge from military service, genetic information, sexual orientation, marital status, order of protection status, citizenship status, arrest record or expunged or sealed convictions, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state, or local law.